Foot cream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I walk a lot & I've had big probs with deep corns, cracked heels, calluses etc, needing a podiatrist visit every few months. She finally put me on to this brilliant foot cream:

1675754924600.jpeg

No more corns, calluses, cracked heels so far.

It's an Oz product only available via podiatrists for some reason, but I'd make a big recommendation to look for something with similar ingredients.

I think the main thing is lots of urea - dunno but I suspect that a lot of the others are there just in a perhaps doomed attempt to stop feet smelling like feet.

FWIW.

Last edited:
Thanks @Eddy Edson - just what I’m looking for. You’re right, most foot creams seem focused on smell. I can’t stand perfumey products!

I'm always looking for good foot creams, thank you. My feet are pretty good but I walk a lot as well (with the dogs) and have a lot of corns. I normally sort them out myself but figured I had best leave them alone since being told I have diabetes. Well, I've been in agony and finally went to the chiropodist yesterday. He's sorted them out but I was in absolute agony last night. Things have calmed down this morning thankfully.

He told me to keep moisturising a lot, which will help with the corns but he also told me to update my manicurist as she may not want to do my feet now I'm diagnosed diabetic. That will be sad as it's a bit of a treat having shiny, nicely painted toes :(

Flexitol and CCS are both good. Both available from Amazon

The one I am currently using which works great is by Dermatonics, Soothing Foot Cream, it says proven to treat dry skin and relieve itchiness it is with calming colloidal oatmeal - noticeable results in 1 day Perfume free.

I think I got it in Boots but likely Amazon will sell it too.

Flexitol and CCS are both good. Both available from Amazon

I recall my podiatrist did recommend CCS years ago but I got out of the habit of using it, good reminder thank you 🙂

Isee on Amazon, Flexitol Intensly Nourishing has very good reviews too along with other Flexitol products, always good to have options if for any reason normal brand becomes scarce.

Last edited:
A lot of the prices for these products look way high, anyway compared to the Walker's cream I get from my podiatrist: AUD $25 for 500ml, so less than 15 pounds.

A lot of the prices for these products look way high, anyway compared to the Walker's cream I get from my podiatrist: AUD $25 for 500ml, so less than 15 pounds.

Most of ours here seem to be around £10 per 100ml!

It doesn't list the urea, and I've not used it, but the hand cream is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back