Foot Cramp!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi guys, a quicky from me whilst my roast duck is cooking

So lately, I have noticed that my right foots likes to cramp up on me and when I get up it hurts like anything. Pins and needles are back too and tother night it was burning like anything

you know me...i googled it...

and found this thing called Charcots foot

AND OMG I DO NOT WANT THAT D:

So I have made an appointment with the podiatrist post haste...

Right thing to do any way I think, just to get things generally checked as they aint all fine and dandy. However, I bet you're all going to laugh at me for getting all hypochondriac on you guys yet again. However, it does frighten me silly. The pictures however, they looks so much like my nans feet...and that frightens me. She is the one who *was* on a pump but is now off it...with levels averaging at 30 every day...

So yeah, I dunno what to make of this foot thing. The cramp is nasty, the pins and needles bug me silly and I just want this to stop. Stupid complications :( I'm 21...and shoiuldn't be thinking about this...it is lame :(

Hi Sam, I don't think you need to worry about Charcot's Foot (which I agree is quite horrifying!). Try to consider if there are any other possibilities for how your foot feels - have you been on your feet a lot? slept awkwardly? I think what you describe could be felt quite commonly by non-diabetics, but obviously they don't have this nagging worry that it might be the diabetes. It's difficult for you to imagine, because you've had diabetes since you were a little girl, but I can remember my feet feeling as you describe on more than one occasion in my pre-diabetic days.

I'm not underestimating how it makes you feel, and I think it's a wise move to get it checked out by the foot wizards! 🙂

Hi Sam, I don't think you need to worry about Charcot's Foot (which I agree is quite horrifying!). Try to consider if there are any other possibilities for how your foot feels - have you been on your feet a lot? slept awkwardly? I think what you describe could be felt quite commonly by non-diabetics, but obviously they don't have this nagging worry that it might be the diabetes. It's difficult for you to imagine, because you've had diabetes since you were a little girl, but I can remember my feet feeling as you describe on more than one occasion in my pre-diabetic days.

I'm not underestimating how it makes you feel, and I think it's a wise move to get it checked out by the foot wizards! 🙂

Hmm, lots of walking too and from work, sit funny at work (I like to sit wierd on my chair with my feet under me LOL), plus I was having issues with my shoes, kept making me twist my ankle. Horrid things went in the bin!!!

Still, will ask the ole foot-meister when I'm there. Just in case :/

Horrid naggingness, it is 99% likely that its not D related. But still :/

I feel like such a hypochondriac 😱

It's far better to be aware and act on these things Sam - I hope everything is OK. Sounds like it's possible the stuff you mention is contributing to it.

It's far better to be aware and act on these things Sam - I hope everything is OK. Sounds like it's possible the stuff you mention is contributing to it.

I'd say that is highly likely. My feet used to cramp up badly pre-diagnosis. But not so much these days (just my calf muscles - but that's probably just down to not stretching properly - well, that's my current working theory).

Andy 🙂

I used to get pins and needles in hands and feet - also cramp in my toes and calves - especially when I was in bed.

That was when my blood glucose levels were high!

It doesn't happen to me these days now that I've normalised my blood glucose levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back