Food Takeaway Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I have not had a takeaway in a couple of months so thought I would treat myself. My regular one is Just Eat. Like last time I had issues with the password (the original one worked for years) and had to reset it. Twice when I went to pay I got " Error 403 - Request too long". You cannot call anybody so I tried Deliveroo that I had not used since I was in the care home. That failed as they cannot find my address so I went onto Uber Eats. No joy there either as they cannot find my address. The flats have been here for five years! Well if you cannot be bothered to keep an up-to-date postcode database I cannot be asked to use your services. I have the same issue with Chemist4You. Grr! 😡 Well it has saved me a small fortune! 🙂

Update - tried to leave a review on Trust Pilot and unable to login. We need to get back to talking to people!

Last edited:
I rarely have takeaways but on the odd occasion I do, they can never find our house ( neither can taxis ) and they have to call. Our house has “only” been here 300 years!
I agree about being able to talk to people, I’ve been chasing a parcel for a week. I can’t find any phone number for our local branch of Yodel. Everything has to be done online. Well that never worked, until yesterday it randomly turned up after eight days of being missing. Luckily, it was a base for a parasol, no need for it this week!

I was put off using any such food delivery services in the early days, when I was eating at an Italian restaurant in a city centre with my daughter. Some food was prepared and placed on the serving shelf where the waiters remove it and take it to the tables. It sat there for half an hour before a Deliveroo driver appeared and put it in his bag. Granted it was being kept warm, but if it’s sitting at the restaurant for that long before even being collected, and then the driver has to get across the city to wherever you live, it’s potentially an hour or more old before it arrives with you. I don’t think I want to eat hour-old food! Maybe they have improved over the years…

I rarely have takeaways but on the odd occasion I do, they can never find our house ( neither can taxis ) and they have to call. Our house has “only” been here 300 years!
I agree about being able to talk to people, I’ve been chasing a parcel for a week. I can’t find any phone number for our local branch of Yodel. Everything has to be done online. Well that never worked, until yesterday it randomly turned up after eight days of being missing. Luckily, it was a base for a parasol, no need for it this week!

Taxis, Amazon, Patient Transport and supermarkets don't seem to have an issue!

The parasol would have kept you dry! :rofl:

I rarely have a take away but when I do, I always go direct to the restaurant. I would rather they received the delivery charge than Uber Eats, Deliveroo or Just Eat.
Most of our local independent take aways will arrange their own delivery. The downside (for me) is that I have to talk to someone on the phone when I prefer something in writing but they have never made any mistakes and deliver reasonably promptly. Plus it saves me money as they are cheaper than the big boys.

@MikeyBikey
What 3 words doesn't need an address, that's the beauty of it. Every 3 metre square on the planet has a unique identifier as illustrated on their site.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    649.3 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back