Focal Neuropathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimthelad

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am still trying very hard to make contact with any fellow sufferer who is being treated for diabetic focal neuropathy. It affects the front of both thighs and the lower abdomen. Very painfull and debilatateing. I am almost at the end of options with the pain clinic. Heard briefly about a nerve freezing procedure ? Will be most grateful for any help or advise. Regards James

I hope you are able to make contact with others soon.

Some people say gentle exercise (things like yoga or tai chi) helps, and things like swimming where the water supports your body and offers some resistence. Don't know if any one here has tried them for pain relief, but perhaps thay can let you know if they have.

I have used swimming as a gentle aerobic exercise for years. I used to have back problems from lugging my laptop and files all over the globe and it really helped. First thing I'll do when (?) I get that job is get a membership for the aqua centre here. Second thing will be buy a wii fit kit.

hey jim... there are lots of things out there its all about trial and error really as everyone is different... a combination of drugs i find works best .. not one single one.... one the the biggest things i found that does not help is stress as its all linked.... and the meds are just another piece to the puzzle... have you see the documentary..?.. if you want to ask anything.. please feel free.... you are not alone mate....

lee

hey jim... there are lots of things out there its all about trial and error really as everyone is different... a combination of drugs i find works best .. not one single one.... one the the biggest things i found that does not help is stress as its all linked.... and the meds are just another piece to the puzzle... have you see the documentary..?.. if you want to ask anything.. please feel free.... you are not alone mate....

lee

Thanks lee. I am going for an epidural block in about a week so keeping my fingers crossed. I did not know what pain was until this occured about 10 months back. The size and location of the area seems to make it that more difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back