Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carynb

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Have been reading back over old threads about travel and have got some good tips.

What about taking fluid on planes? My son needs Ribena for a hypo and I know there are restrictions on how much liquid you can take on board.

Also what happens with time zone changes and Lantus? he has his lantus at 7.30pm, how do I adjust it?

C :D

I think you should be able to buy Ribena once you have got through security control, you can definitley buy water then. What you do with the lantus depends on where you are flying to, and the time difference?

You can buy liquids once you go through security, so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Depends on how big the time difference will be, for my last few holidays the time difference has only been 1-2 hours so I have just kept my lantus at the same time, i split my dose aswell which helped. if it's a large diffierence then you might want to think about starting to move it before you go so that it ends up being a sutiable time, or keeping it at the same time and bridging the gap in coverage with bolus insulin.

hope you have a great time

There is a 4 hour time difference so may adjust the lantus slowly before we go like you suggest Nikki.
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back