Fluid Retention

Status
Not open for further replies.

4amanda

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hello
Is Fluid retention common when using Lanctus and Trurapi insulin? I dont know what else could be causing this if its not insulin.
Thank you

Insulin doesn’t cause fluid retention, you need to see a doctor to get checked out

Hello
Is Fluid retention common when using Lanctus and Trurapi insulin? I dont know what else could be causing this if its not insulin.
Thank you

@4amanda Insulin can very occasionally cause fluid retention. It’s known as insulin oedema. It can cause puffiness, for example.

How long have you been diagnosed? What are your blood sugar like? When did you start the insulin?

@4amanda Insulin can very occasionally cause fluid retention. It’s known as insulin oedema. It can cause puffiness, for example.

How long have you been diagnosed? What are your blood sugar like? When did you start the insulin?
Hi
Thank you for replying. Using Insulin just over 12 months and have always been slender, but have gone up 2 dress sizes. A lot of fluid in legs and ankles. I assumed it was due to insulin but I think I need to get it checked following this and a previous message.
Thank you again

Yep, that definitely needs checking out @4amanda It could be the insulin but it could equally be something completely unrelated.

The article linked to says the odema one person with type 2 with failed bariatric surgery was 'probably' caused by insulin...and refers to this as 'rare'.
To answer OP, no, it is not common, and i would talk to gp re what may be causing this

There are other articles @Tdm It’s a rare side effect. I wasn’t saying this was the cause of the oedema, just correcting the idea that insulin can’t ever cause fluid retention.

There are other articles @Tdm It’s a rare side effect. I wasn’t saying this was the cause of the oedema, just correcting the idea that insulin can’t ever cause fluid retention.
It’s far more likely to be a different problem, I didn’t give suggestions of what so as not to scare the poster

It’s far more likely to be a different problem, I didn’t give suggestions of what so as not to scare the poster

You’re probably right @Lucyr but I’m a bit of a pedant so had to say that insulin can very occasionally cause this 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back