FLU

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
WHAT KIND OF OVER THE COUNTER COLD/FLU REMEDIES CAN I TAKE IM TYPE 2 AND ON STRICT DIET I WAS GOING TO USE BEECHAMS ALL IN ONE LIQIUD ANY ADVICE APART FROM MY CAP LOCKS I ALWAYS USE BY MISTAKE THANKS

WHAT KIND OF OVER THE COUNTER COLD/FLU REMEDIES CAN I TAKE IM TYPE 2 AND ON STRICT DIET I WAS GOING TO USE BEECHAMS ALL IN ONE LIQIUD ANY ADVICE APART FROM MY CAP LOCKS I ALWAYS USE BY MISTAKE THANKS
It may not be being Type 2 but what other medications you are taking that may exclude certain medication.
Lemsip, Beechams or shop own should be OK. But you could check with the pharmacist.

It may not be being Type 2 but what other medications you are taking that may exclude certain medication.
Lemsip, Beechams or shop own should be OK. But you could check with the pharmacist.
THANKS HOPE YOUR GOOD IM ON 160 MG GLICLAZIDE A DAY PROPRANALOL 10MG TRELOGY DRY POWDER INHALER FOR MY C.O.P.D

THANKS HOPE YOUR GOOD IM ON 160 MG GLICLAZIDE A DAY PROPRANALOL 10MG TRELOGY DRY POWDER INHALER FOR MY C.O.P.D
I don't know about Beechams but the Patient Information Leaflet for Lemsip does say that before taking it you should first talk to your GP or a Pharmacist if you have diabetes or are taking beta-blockers.

So - buy whatever you fancy taking from a pharmacy rather than straight off a supermarket shelf - in our Tesco they have a pharmacy counter at the back of the shop and they'll tell you if there's any clashes - but - you do have to actually ask them that!

There was tv Dr saying couple of weeks back that a lot of over the counter cold & flu remedies were waste of money & don't work, he said to just take paracetamol & make sure to drink plenty.

Reactions: Kol
Take some paracetamol?

Reactions: Kol
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back