Flu jab - driving me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My arm has been driving me crazy all day! I had my flu jab on Saturday, but ut has been fine up until today and now it's itching like mad! I'm trying so hard not to scratch! 😱

Oooh, I can sympathise with that one! Had mine a few weeks back & it was quite sore! 😱 And now I'm suspicious that the other half has been more 'huggy' than usual - he always manages to squeeze on the sore bit of my arm the git! Must have wound him up over something lol! 🙄:D Hope it settles down for you soon!

You are probably just producing some "man-flu" anti-bodies Alan! Nothing to worry about!

Its a natural bodily man-like response!

Hi N
Hope it's getting easier, get mine next week

Have you been hot today Northey more so then usual, could just be sweat and its making your arm itch abit more cause of the jab.

You are probably just producing some "man-flu" anti-bodies Alan! Nothing to worry about!

Its a natural bodily man-like response!

They don't come much more manly than me, so you may well be correct! 🙂

Have you been hot today Northey more so then usual, could just be sweat and its making your arm itch abit more cause of the jab.

Hot? In my house? It's warmer outside than in! The annoying thing is it's my left arm and I meant to ask for it in my right arm as I'm left handed 🙄

They don't come much more manly than me, so you may well be correct! 🙂

Hot? In my house? It's warmer outside than in! The annoying thing is it's my left arm and I meant to ask for it in my right arm as I'm left handed 🙄

oh god thats there mistake not yours,when i had my arm done and turned to me left she said er no your left handed it goes in your right arm 🙄

Hope the feeling dies down Alan, there is nothing worse than an itch, do you have any calamine lotion or cream you can put on to soothe it.

Its a bit strange that its taken a couple of days to start playing up if its inflamed check with your GP that you haven't picked up an infection.

My Mum ended up with an infection in her mouth a couple of days after a filling - the dentist said very occasionally the needle will pick up a bug which is then injected. Unlikely that this has happened but it is still a possibility.

Thanks folks, it does seem to have eased a bit now, so I might get some sleep! 🙂

Hope you got some sleep and your arms easier today 🙂

This years vaccine had the swine flu incorporated, I wonder if this was causing you the irritation?

Oh I really thought I was going to find a good poem on this thread ROFL.
Hope your arm is better now.😉

Oh I really thought I was going to find a good poem on this thread ROFL.
Hope your arm is better now.😉

Same crossed my mind! he he he! 🙂

North, has it calmed down?

My arm was itchy after couple of days but was too sore to itch just had to rub over it gently everthing fine now its been couple of weeks since I had mine but I did have achey bones tiredness and sore throat! I had the single flu jab not combined with swine flu jab.

Hope your feeling better Northener

Alan have things improved now?

p.s welcome to the forum Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back