Flight Socks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawprint91

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Is it okay to wear these on a long haul flight if you have diabetes? I have previously only ever been on one long haul flight and did wear them, found them again recently as I have another one coming up, and on the back it says to "seek advice from your doctor if you have (huge long list)" on which diabetes is included. I know no-one is a medical professional, but I usually learn far more from people on here than I do doctors :rofl: so just thought I'd ask. My diabetes is well controlled if this helps. Thank you 🙂

I think the concern is about reducing blood flow to lower limbs, where circulation may already be reduced in some people with diabetes.

There was a small study which didn’t find any issues here

But I am not sure that’s 100% conclusive either way as it‘s a small study.

Have you ever been told you have reduced pulses, circulation, or sensitivity in your feet?

Perhaps it would be worth chatting with your Dr or contacting your DSN?

I think the concern is about reducing blood flow to lower limbs, where circulation may already be reduced in some people with diabetes.

There was a small study which didn’t find any issues here

But I am not sure that’s 100% conclusive either way as it‘s a small study.

Have you ever been told you have reduced pulses, circulation, or sensitivity in your feet?

Perhaps it would be worth chatting with your Dr or contacting your DSN?
Thank you for this - nope, I've no foot problems (that I'm aware of anyway!) - but as you say, a phone call to a DSN probably wouldn't do any harm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back