Flexlink plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritfree

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Is anyone having any problems with flexlink plus? I seem to be getting high blood sugars with them.

Is anyone having any problems with flexlink plus? I seem to be getting high blood sugars with them.

I don't use them but a couple of things sprang to mind 🙂

Do you normally set a temp basal when you change sets? Lots of people (including myself) have to put on a temp basal for a couple of hours to stop high levels.

Do you go high and stay high? Could the sets be failing, ie kinking?

I do 170% for 2 hours 🙂 if you are looking to do an increase for the set change, I heard a lot of people doing 170%/2hrs, so it might be a good place to start - and then of course you can tweak it as you need it 🙂

I do 170% for 2 hours 🙂 if you are looking to do an increase for the set change, I heard a lot of people doing 170%/2hrs, so it might be a good place to start - and then of course you can tweak it as you need it 🙂

Wow, 😱 just shows we are all different. I can go a bit lower after set changes, not hypo but lower.

I dont use flexlink cannulas, use tenderlink and never had any problems to date.

Sorry if I am leading the thread astray slightly............

Why do you need to give yourself more insulin when changing sites......?

Is this because you are disconnected for a short period, hence no insulin...?

Thanks...

Yes, for some people short disconnections can cause rapid rises. for others not.

If i take a long shower, i sometimes top up what ive missed as can go up but only slightly. maybe i dont need extra on set changes as im only disconnected for around a minute?

This is why bubbles in tubing can cause problems too.

Why do you need to give yourself more insulin when changing sites......?

I've always been told it is because of the trauma of inserting a new site can push BG levels up. I always shoot up into the high teens if I don't set a temp basal.

Tracey - as you say - fascinating how different we all are - I've read of some children going lower after set changes.

Hiya, I use flex link plus & not had any probs once I twigged that i can't last more than 2 days on a set... that & I need to remember the 1u prime when I put a new set in! 🙂 The other thingis when I've taken the pump off for a bit (shower etc) I now routinely prime the line (just a few units or so) even if I left hte pump running, as I've noticed some air bubbles forming in the line... hope that helps! 😱) Sometimes I have just got unlucky & hit a bad spot - I have a mummy tummy & it took me a while to realise taht I needed to be putting canulas in a bit higher up my abdomen, since then I've not really had any probs...

Good luck! x

I've always been told it is because of the trauma of inserting a new site can push BG levels up. I always shoot up into the high teens if I don't set a temp basal.

Tracey - as you say - fascinating how different we all are - I've read of some children going lower after set changes.

maybe its because im very sensitive to insulin, as my consultant keeps telling me. Ive only occasionally used higher tbrs. I rarely need them so far if im under the weather too, most ive used is 130%. Ive tried the higher tbr for fatty meals but always end up hypo.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Maybe I'm not inserting them right. I have gone back to old flexlink and my bg's have been fine. I'll try again in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back