Flattened by winter jabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvineHimself

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Starting to recover now, but after getting the combined flu/covid jab on Friday night. I spent Saturday unable to move because of flu-like symptoms. I have not had flu since living in Brixton 40 years ago, and noting this was the first time I have had the flu jab, (I have had all my covid jabs,) it came as quite a shock.

Irvine

I had the same and took two days off work because of it, even though i work from home. At least i'd rather just be ill for the 2-3 days i was ill for after the jabs than catch actual flu

At least i'd rather just be ill for the 2-3 days i was ill for after the jabs than catch actual flu
I agree, it's just that I normally react quite well to medications, so the bad reaction came as a very unpleasant surprise.

Hi , Had my C19 two weeks ago , sleep for 24 hours and the Metformin has created issues of its own.

Cannot say I am looking forward to my flu jab on Thursday plus my annual eye test on the same day.

Cannot say I am looking forward to my flu jab on Thursday plus my annual eye test on the same day.
Ouch...

I am off to pick up my new glasses tomorrow, and, what with the diabetes, high blood pressure and doing quite a bit of welding as an apprentice, the Optician is running a series of 'field tests' for tunnel vision. I had the first 'field test' when I got my new prescription. It was quite unpleasant, and the results were less than definitive, so she has scheduled two more. As a result, I definitely sympathise.

You can get the flu jab and the covid jab on the same day, at the same place, but according to https://inews.co.uk/news/health/cov...can-get-who-eligible-vaccine-how-book-1883271 not in the same arm.
I'm sure I've heard of at least one person who got them in the same arm, but the recommendation is to get one in each arm (which is how I got mine). (I've no idea whether there's a good reason for that beyond not wanting to make one arm really sore. I can imagine one: using both arms will quickly involve two nearby lymph nodes rather than one but I've no idea whether that's important or not.)

There is no combined flu+covid jab.
Sorry, bad choice of words.

I'm sure I've heard of at least one person who got them in the same arm,...
Make that two, I've had problems with my right arm ever since I received the first covid jab. As a result, on Friday, the nurse put both the flu and covid jabs in my left arm three or four inches apart.

The problems with my right arm may be unrelated to the covid jab, but they started around the same time. However, the problems are quite severe, and I'm finally off to see the physiotherapist about it next week, [there is a five month waiting list].

I'm sure I've heard of at least one person who got them in the same arm, but the recommendation is to get one in each arm (which is how I got mine). (I've no idea whether there's a good reason for that beyond not wanting to make one arm really sore. I can imagine one: using both arms will quickly involve two nearby lymph nodes rather than one but I've no idea whether that's important or not.)
Giving them in different arms where possible means you can be certain which one caused a local reaction if one happens. Usually with them a few inches apart you can tell anyway, but if someone was unlucky and their whole arm was swollen covering both injection sites then it might not be clear which they had reacted to.

Sorry to hear you’ve had a rough time after the jabs @IrvineHimself

Hope you are back at full strength very soon.

I had my flu jab a few days ago and was wiped out for 48hrs.
At first I put it down to doing a lot of errands and (therefore cycling 'cos it's how I get about) that day but felt wiped out the following day too which doesn't happen normally.

I wonder if it's maybe expected in this years flu round. flu jabs never bothered me in the Before Times.

.... I wonder if it's maybe expected in this years flu round. flu jabs never bothered me in the Before Times.
Possibly, I normally react quite well to medications and, in addition, have not had flu, or even a bad cold, in over forty years. I put it down to this being my first ever flu vaccination, but if others are experiencing similarly unexpected reactions your explanation is probably more likely.

Hi , I have managed to go for a short walk this afternoon 6000 steps and was easier than I thought.

I do hope that the flu jab does not me any severe issues when I have the injection.

As @Lucyr pointed out, unless otherwise advised by your Doctor, a couple of days mildly unwell is much more preferable to weeks in hospital on a ventilator😱

I got my flu jab one day followed by covid jab day after - no probelms what so ever 🙂 Good job as I went to Turkey for two weeks the days after :rofl: back now though.

I had the covid jab on Saturday, arm ached a bit on Sunday, recovered today, but I'd been maybe a bit slower than normal earlier, but feeling ok now.
Flu jab to come, but I've had those for years with no issues so far.

Hi , Had my C19 two weeks ago , sleep for 24 hours and the Metformin has created issues of its own.

What sort of issues? I had my Covid jab this afternoon - should I not be taking my Metformin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back