flat fizzy drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

litto-miss-loz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
just wondered if you can still use fizzy drinks for a hypo if the drink is flat ??

ta mucho chums :D

Certainly! In fact, since I don't like fizzy drinks I have two bottles of flat lucozade in the fridge. A good tip someone gave me was to loosen the tops on the bottles, as when you are hypo there can be nothing worse than trying to get the bottle open to treat yourself! Flat drinks still have the sugar in them, the fizziness isn't essential.

Last edited:
Certainly! In fact, since I don't like fizzy drinks I have two bottles of flat lucozade in the fridge. A goo tip someone gave me was to loosen the tops on the bottles, as when you are hypo there can be nothing worse than trying to get the bootle open to treat yourself! Flat dirnks still have the sugar in them, the fizziness isn't essential.

klkl 🙂 cause i usually drink wee bottles of irn bru or lucozade and if there is a wee bit left in the bottle i tend to just throw it away cause i dont know if the sugar disappears when it goes flat or not.

thank you 🙂

Hello,

I prefer non-fizzy juice for hypo's anyway as it makes it easier to gulp down.

Think I remember you saying you did the DAFNE course - I much prefer using the 200ml fruit juices that were taught on it, but if you're hypo you use anything you have to hand with sugar in it! 🙂

NiVZ

Hello,

I prefer non-fizzy juice for hypo's anyway as it makes it easier to gulp down.

Think I remember you saying you did the DAFNE course - I much prefer using the 200ml fruit juices that were taught on it, but if you're hypo you use anything you have to hand with sugar in it! 🙂

NiVZ

yeah i keep meaning to start using them but just keep buyin the wee bottles of irn bru lol 😛

i am going to buy a packet of fruit juices tommorow actually 🙂

if i remember 😛

Flat or fizzy, it still contains sugar, which is what is needed to treat a hypo.

I know the jury is out on this, but I was told that if the drink is still fizzy, it will enter your system more quickly than if it is flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back