Fixated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kol

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
So, since the availability on Libre to have real time readings, I think I’ve become obsessed with keeping it in the green! as I keep the app open and on display permanently unless sleeping, I’m watching all the time!

The ability to now know how food, activity and insulin interact is incredible (I think Abbott should give me a Sales job!) also how quickly or not hypo treatments start to work.

For me this has to be the biggest advancement in Diabetes care other than Insulin!

Just incase you hadn’t guessed i’m very happy with it!

So, since the availability on Libre to have real time readings, I think I’ve become obsessed with keeping it in the green! as I keep the app open and on display permanently unless sleeping, I’m watching all the time!

The ability to now know how food, activity and insulin interact is incredible (I think Abbott should give me a Sales job!) also how quickly or not hypo treatments start to work.

For me this has to be the biggest advancement in Diabetes care other than Insulin!

Definitely. Having access to information like this has been a big motivator for me. Although I'm just using a Tee2.

Reactions: Kol
I keep the app open and on display permanently unless sleeping, I’m watching all the time!
Why? There’s no need to watch it permanently, you’ll probably just get burnt out doing that. Set the alarms at the level you want to take action then forget about diabetes as best you can and get on with your day.

Hello,
There can be quite a lag with the Libre’s gauging of interstitial fluid when coming out of a low?
Your meter would be a better guide on the “situation.” Watching the lag on the graph could tempt into to over-treating the “hypo,” thinking the sweets don’t work.

There are great though, aren’t they.

My diabetic Dr calls it chasing & it can be quite detrimental as we are continuously keeping an eye on our readings.
I was like you at first & it stressed me out. Now i just check before meals & if i feel i could be going low. I think i rely on finger pricks more as I've had a 12 on libre & when i checked by finger its 8.

Yeah. My Tee2 gives different readings which questions the accuracy. I have to do 2 or 3 tests sometimes to make sure it's accurate. But at the end of the day it will give you a general idea whatever. It would be good to have a 100% accuracy. I'm guessing the tech will get there sooner or later.

Reactions: Kol
Because it suits me, thanks.

Just to confirm I do not sit with the phone in front of my face, it is open in sight of where I’m working or on the dash when driving, it means I don’t have to stop what I’m doing, pick up the phone and check, or wait for an alarm, I can consider intervention sooner.

For cycling, attach phone to handlebars, reading on display, very beneficial.
Perhaps it depends on your activity level or employment as to whether it more or less useful.

Alarms can also be distracting for others, why would they want to hear it?, in fact if others could see it, a heads up could be given before a loud alarm goes off.

Not sure yet about “burn out” but it is very rewarding to see readings in the green and where the arrow is pointing.

But anyway I find tech and the information valuable and it suits me.

My diabetic Dr calls it chasing & it can be quite detrimental as we are continuously keeping an eye on our readings.
I was like you at first & it stressed me out. Now i just check before meals & if i feel i could be going low. I think i rely on finger pricks more as I've had a 12 on libre & when i checked by finger its 8.
Yep, agree with “chasing” and have done that before when only had a meter, but so far so good.

Hello,
There can be quite a lag with the Libre’s gauging of interstitial fluid when coming out of a low?
Your meter would be a better guide on the “situation.” Watching the lag on the graph could tempt into to over-treating the “hypo,” thinking the sweets don’t work.

There are great though, aren’t they.
Yes true the Libre lag can be a factor, so far I find the arrows helpful with that along with a meter check to be on the safe side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back