Five years "normal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy Edson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
So I had my annual review today. Nicely boring: HbA1c 5.3% / 35, about where it always is. Non-HDL-C at super-low 1.1 mmol/l, ditto. BP at 105/65, ditto. BMI 20 and waist-to-height 0.44, ditto+ditto.

All down to losing weight and keeping it off, while eating lots and lots of wholegrains and lots and lots of fruit and hardly any saturated fat.

I am the poster boi for the standard guidelines tho they should probably use somebody with nicer hair and maybe not so scrawny for the actual poster.

Excellent results, congratulations and keep doing what you're doing....

So I had my annual review today. Nicely boring: HbA1c 5.3% / 35, about where it always is. Non-HDL-C at super-low 1.1 mmol/l, ditto. BP at 105/65, ditto. BMI 20 and waist-to-height 0.44, ditto+ditto.

All down to losing weight and keeping it off, while eating lots and lots of wholegrains and lots and lots of fruit and hardly any saturated fat.

I am the poster boi for the standard guidelines tho they should probably use somebody with nicer hair and maybe not so scrawny for the actual poster.
Congrats.You must be delighted.
I have one question.How do you manage the reduction in saturated fats apart from the obvious ones? Everytime I look at a label there are saturated fads I realise these are different from other fats . It is a minefield for me or am I over thinking the matter? I try and keep them below the recommended 20grms per day, i usually have 12-15 grms.

Congrats.You must be delighted.
I have one question.How do you manage the reduction in saturated fats apart from the obvious ones? Everytime I look at a label there are saturated fads I realise these are different from other fats . It is a minefield for me or am I over thinking the matter? I try and keep them below the recommended 20grms per day, i usually have 12-15 grms.
So that's about how many I have. Pretty much in line with the hardcore American Heart Association rec for "no more than 5% - 6% of calories", given that I eat about 2,500 kcal/day and 1g fat = 9 kcal approx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back