"Fish 'n' Chips" or Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
It's a while since I had a takeaway but after a frustrating week with three appointments (two with transport issues and two with consultations I was not really happy about I feel like a treat, Bush should I go for the Fish 'n' Chip (large fish, small chips) or Pizza (pepperoni plus) on thin crust?). What do you think.

I have also got a message about an appointment and been asked to ring back but the phone is always busy and the VM full (why?).

I’d probably pick fish and chips if you want the meal to be easier to manage, you can minimise the chips and the fish (minus batter) will be nice and low carb. Whereas pizza is a real pain to manage BG wise and hits you for hours afterwards.
Unless you have worked out coping strategies for either and feel you deserve to throw caution to the wind for once, then enjoy yourself with whichever you prefer!

There was a hoo hah not long ago at some hospital trust about half the people using some part of the booking system at the hospital not actually understanding properly how it worked and hence any number of folk hadn't had follow-up appts they should have had - affected several 100 thousand patients with any number of ailments. Do you think this is summat similar in that nobody at the place ever checks the VM or actions the messages?

There was a hoo hah not long ago at some hospital trust about half the people using some part of the booking system at the hospital not actually understanding properly how it worked and hence any number of folk hadn't had follow-up appts they should have had - affected several 100 thousand patients with any number of ailments. Do you think this is summat similar in that nobody at the place ever checks the VM or actions the messages?

Yes! At another clinic in the same hospital I left a message I could not attend. When I was threatened with discharge for a DNA I pointed out I had left a message and got the response "Oh, we don't have time to check ,messages". You couldn't make it up!

It is Friday, so has to be fish and chips Mikey! Plus it is less palava with managing levels unless you are an expert pizza bolus wizard!

Does my salmon steak and celeriac chips tonight count as fish 'n' chips?

Does my salmon steak and celeriac chips tonight count as fish 'n' chips?
Yes, of course it does! A very posh version! Nice one!

Yes! At another clinic in the same hospital I left a message I could not attend. When I was threatened with discharge for a DNA I pointed out I had left a message and got the response "Oh, we don't have time to check ,messages". You couldn't make it up!

My GP surgery has the functionality to approach by email, but it is, by their own statement, a black hole. They don't look at it.

Why have that enabled, or have someone look in daily and let a clinical know if there are any messages.

Bad, bad, baaaaaaaaaaad.

Split 'n' fish. ( local lingo for chips 'n' peas.) Personal opinion. Can't handle any form of spice since my head and neck cancer. Pinch of salt but plenty of vinegar on. Hope you've enjoyed your choice. Guessing it was fish'n'chips!!!!!

It's a while since I had a takeaway but after a frustrating week with three appointments (two with transport issues and two with consultations I was not really happy about I feel like a treat, Bush should I go for the Fish 'n' Chip (large fish, small chips) or Pizza (pepperoni plus) on thin crust?). What do you think.

I have also got a message about an appointment and been asked to ring back but the phone is always busy and the VM full (why?).

After ringing every 20 - 30 minutes from mid-morning it started ringing at around 4:05. The call went unanswered until I got the same message. An attempt 15 minutes later had the same result! I imagine in usual NHS style (these days) they all went home at 4:00!

Ok, need tosatisfy my curiosity. What did you chose?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back