Fish 'n' Chip Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyBikey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had the Fish! n' Chips meal from. M&S for lunch. It is only £4.50. Whilst the one from the chippy tastes better the chips are good quality although I would prefer the fish to be thicker. BG at start was 6.1 and after an hour 6.4. Will post2 hour one in a while.

IMG_20230721_135312.jpg

I had half a portion of fish and chips from the chippy last night. We were coming back from a meeting and it was too early to eat before we set off and way too late to start cooking when I got home so we went for the easy option and whilst it took a short 10 min prebolus and a correction an hour later, I managed to keep it under 10, so happy enough with that.

I had the Fish! n' Chips meal from. M&S for lunch. It is only £4.50. Whilst the one from the chippy tastes better the chips are good quality although I would prefer the fish to be thicker. BG at start was 6.1 and after an hour 6.4. Will post2 hour one in a while.

View attachment 26773
What a waste of a test strip. Chips/batter/breadcrumbs always hit hours after the meal :(

What a waste of a test strip. Chips/batter/breadcrumbs always hit hours after the meal :(
I imagine/hope Mikey is using Libre so no waste involved. I agree though F&Cs tend to be quite delayed in releasing and I usually need a split dose for them.

At two hours it was 8.3 and this evening 7.9.

Yes @rebrascora I am using Libre with the old software. Couple of comparisons I have done Libre was within 0.1 or 0.2! Quite impressed compared to somme other sensors.

Fish and chips is my favourite. After 18 holes of golf I had fish and chips and it put my glucose through the roof .. even the next day. Fish and chips is now a no no.
Now when I have the notion I swap out the chips for salad and steal two chips from my friend.

Last edited:
At two hours it was 8.3 and this evening 7.9.

Yes @rebrascora I am using Libre with the old software. Couple of comparisons I have done Libre was within 0.1 or 0.2! Quite impressed compared to somme other sensors.
Sounds like you managed it really well Mikey.

Yee-hah! Even with the Fish 'n' Chips I just hit 24-hours in range. Is that a Unicorn or is it a 24- hour calender day? Actually if it is date dependent I have an Alaskan Unicorn as a new day started there at 10:00 - probably the first ever recorded?

Last edited:
A fish supper and 100%.
that is definitely worth celebrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back