Fish like a sieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Maybe I'm relaxed, my control ain't bad really but last few nights and daytimes I completely forget to inject after eating?! I've never had a great memory and guess I could have a lot on my mind right now? Just wondering if any of you have got too relaxed about it all and what you did to stop forgetting to take the wonder drug??

Cheers

Rossi 🙂

i put a liitle yellow dot sticker on my fridge that when i see it reminds me to take my meds xxx

I still forget from time to time. I ought to put the pills on the table with a glass of water. Quite often something will come along and distract me and it is quite sometime after eating when I finally take the*%$& things.

I sometimes forget my rapid, but never my levimer as i have it as an alarm on my phone, usually i always beat it 5 mins before lol :D

I have had big problems in the past remembering to inject. Even when I then think about it sometimes I have no idea if I have or not. I actually got sent to a psychiatrist about it (I think they thought I was deliberatley forgetting to take it). They suggested I painted a nail each time I had an injections so I would be able to see if I had it or not. What a load of utter tosh. Can you imagine me pulling out a bottle of nail varnish in the middle of the staff canteen.

Fortunately I have got a bit better now. Could you say to yourself you are not allowed your dessert/pudding/yoghurt/fruit or whatever you have after you meal until you have had your injection?

Hi Rossi

I never forget to take my novorapid but I used to forget my lantus so my husband has a reminder on his phone. Sometimes I forget whether i've injected or not which I hate I spend ages trying to remember 🙄

I forget! All the time. But at the mo it doesnt seem to be a bad thing as if i did take the amount I used to I'd be in a constant Hypo!! x

Like Emma, I have alarms set on my mobile for my levemir injections.

Diabetes must have an affect on memory.

I need mobile phone alarms and lists for everything.

Diabetes must have an affect on memory.

I need mobile phone alarms and lists for everything.

snap i have coloured stars all over my fridge for numerous things, i have alarm set so it reminds me i need to take meds.

I think it's something we've all done, particularly if you're tired or stressed! Can you make it part of your eating routine, like get the pen and everything ready before you eat, and keep it next to your plate to remind you to inject afterwards? Alarms are a bit harder for meals, but if you eat at regular times you could always set an alarm on your phone as well?

jo1966

You can get a pen called a ' Memoir pen' which will tell you last injected and how many units. These are available via your DSN who request them from the company, can't remember which company.
Hope this helps 🙂

You can get a pen called a ' Memoir pen' which will tell you last injected and how many units. These are available via your DSN who request them from the company, can't remember which company.
Hope this helps 🙂

I had one of these, I thought it was going to be the answer to all my problems but it was rubbish. Half the time the digital counter did not work and you had to count the clicks to know how much insulin you were giving yourself. Also it does not come in half units.

Maybe it was just my incompetence - I would be interested to hear how other people got on with them. It is in my draw doing nothing if anyone wants to give it a try?

Hope this helps 🙂

Sounds good. You could also use a meter where you can record carbs and insulin (and other meds). Once you get into a routine of recording stuff, you can check back to see if you did it. You have to make a rule that you never record it until you've actually done it though! Mine's a One Touch Ultra Smart.

I was having the same problem with taking my pills. I'd forget, or get confused about whether I'd taken them. If I thought I'd taken them I'd be afraid to take more just in case. Problem solved though, I discovered it's important to take them at the same time each day, so I've set my phone alarm to remind me when to take which pill. It's working really well too.

Cheers all thanks for sharing your views on this, I will try and get something working up in the old memory, maybe an electric shock to rewire myself! doubt it would do any harm! 😛😉:D

Can't say I'd ever forgotton to take it, far too paranoid about sugars staying low.... but remembering whether I've already had it or need to inject when i've finished....... lots of unnecessary hypos have happened that way

No tips, though......

Cheers all thanks for sharing your views on this, I will try and get something working up in the old memory, maybe an electric shock to rewire myself! doubt it would do any harm! 😛😉:D

I always inject immediately prior to eating - the only time I decided to inject after, I completely forgot until over 2 hours later 😱 I do frequently forget to take my pills though and haven't found a solution yet!

I've forgotten meal time jabs and I've left Levemir dramatically late some times. No excuses now I'm pumping though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back