First type 1 review

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoRicco

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all
I have just had my first review since diagnosis in January.
HbA1c 46 . total cholesterol 5.6 , HDL 1.3 , trig 1.3 , LDL 4 . Creatinine 69, EGFR 77, UACR 0.9, anitbodies >2000, Islet cell negative and TSH 1.27.
HbA1c was 73 and now 46.

All the consultant said was see you in 4 months so i take it all is well ???
She also said i'm in the honeymoon period as it's very rare i need to use Humalog in the day and have had to reduce my Lantus from 10 to 6 units at night ?

I feel as though i'm winging my way through this .

Hope everyone is well
Kind regards
Jo

Hi @JoRicco just looking at your results what was it that lead your consultant/ DSn to diagnose type 1?

We’re all winging it even decades after diagnosis @JoRicco 😉 It’s not easy being our own pancreas! Those results look great🙂

We’re all winging it even decades after diagnosis @JoRicco 😉 It’s not easy being our own pancreas! Those results look great🙂
Thankyou
They mean absolutely nothing to me but guess i'll learn along the way x

Hi @JoRicco just looking at your results what was it that lead your consultant/ DSn to diagnose type 1?
I was sent to A&E in January with ketones and glucose levels of 24.9 . Had some symptoms, weight lose being one. All she said this week was my GAD >2000 confirmed type 1 ?
x

Thankyou
They mean absolutely nothing to me but guess i'll learn along the way x

You can always get a copy of your results that shows the range, which will give you an idea for things like thyroid, etc. Also, never be afraid to ask for more information. I once asked my consultant to explain the kidney test part with reference to my age and my length of diagnosis, and she did, which I found reassuring. You can also Google to get a rough idea initially.

Hi @JoRicco thanks for that i can see that you are positive for GAD antibodies. Interesting that despite that you are still producing some insulin. As you say i understand this is a honeymoon period. My onset was similar to yours but with negative GAD. Just a thought on results if you sign up to the NHS app and patients know best you may get automatic access to all your results along with the suggested ranges in the reports, you also get to see what they write about you

Hi @JoRicco thanks for that i can see that you are positive for GAD antibodies. Interesting that despite that you are still producing some insulin. As you say i understand this is a honeymoon period. My onset was similar to yours but with negative GAD. Just a thought on results if you sign up to the NHS app and patients know best you may get automatic access to all your results along with the suggested ranges in the reports, you also get to see what they write about you
Oh wow.. I have the NHS app but didn't realise you could access this. Thankyou x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back