First trip to the podiatrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyengineer

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've got my referral to the podiatrist and have my appointment on Monday morning.

What can I expect from this appointment?

Any hints or tips on questions to ask?

L

He will examine them and have you do some movement exercises so he can see how your foot moves. Most likely you will have more exercises to do at home

p.s If you have anything to ask him then do so may as well while your there.

Good luck.

Last edited:
The podiatrist will take x-rays of your feet. He will examine them and have you do some movement exercises so he can see how your foot moves. Most likely you will have more exercises to do at home

X-rays? I doubt it Steff! Sounds like that would be more the case if you had actual foot injuries, rather than diabetic checks.

X-rays? I doubt it Steff! Sounds like that would be more the case if you had actual foot injuries, rather than diabetic checks.

Suppose so yes oops sorry disregard that lady.

No harm Steffie - it sounds like you might have had more of an ordeal than is the norm.

No it was my uncle lol, he told me what happened there i just assumed all got it but when i think about it i know that sounds daft.

How did you get the appointment via the NHS? my DN hasn't mentioned anything about getting my feet checked. The only check i've had is when the GP tested them with a tuning fork and i'm not due for another one of those until next year. It confuses me how different some practices are :confused:

How did you get the appointment via the NHS? my DN hasn't mentioned anything about getting my feet checked. The only check i've had is when the GP tested them with a tuning fork and i'm not due for another one of those until next year. It confuses me how different some practices are :confused:

I had only seen the GP and then got a call for a blood test after six months. When I was in for that test they realised I hadn't been seen since first put on Metformin. They just said I needed to be referred to Podiatrist, Diabetic Nurse and Dietician. The Podiatrist has come through quickly and as it happens the retinopathy screening is visiting the surgery the week after next too.

Had my first visit to the Podiatrist yesterday. Everything checked out ok 🙂 and I'm now on the list for an annual recall.

It was actually great to have someone talk through what was happening and WHY! I was even happy to ask questions.

Considering some of my experiences with the NHS in general this was a very positive experience.

L

Had my first visit to the Podiatrist yesterday. Everything checked out ok 🙂 and I'm now on the list for an annual recall.

It was actually great to have someone talk through what was happening and WHY! I was even happy to ask questions.

Considering some of my experiences with the NHS in general this was a very positive experience.

L

Hi L thats great to hear pleased all is well in foot world lol x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back