First the medicines shortage, now a Lucozade shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Gray

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Anyone who makes use of, and perhaps relies on, [the glucose-containing variants of] Lucozade as part of their "diabetic journey" may like to consider stocking up on this liquid, in light of the following:

Fatal accident could see UK shops run out of Lucozade after Gloucestershire factory shut

Retailers have warned that their stocks will begin to deplete from next month, with full production not anticipated to resume until September.

Of course many other anti-hypo liquids, gels and tablets are available.

Reactions: Moi
Lucozade is a rubbish hypo treatment now because they removed most of the sugar/glucose due to the idiotic sugar tax. I use original sugary Coca Cola.

Anyone who makes use of, and perhaps relies on, [the glucose-containing variants of] Lucozade as part of their "diabetic journey" may like to consider stocking up on this liquid, in light of the following:

Fatal accident could see UK shops run out of Lucozade after Gloucestershire factory shut

Retailers have warned that their stocks will begin to deplete from next month, with full production not anticipated to resume until September.

Of course many other anti-hypo liquids, gels and tablets are available.
There are plenty of alternatives. But I feel our condolences & thoughts should go out to the family of the operative who tragically lost a life. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-68934656

I use original sugary Coca Cola.

Me too. They put the price of Lucozade up significantly while also more than halving the potency of Lucozade and filling it full of sweeteners!

Sorry to hear about the accident though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back