First motorbikes and now this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Hobson

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Years ago I remember that, whenever a TV drama had a scene when someone rode off on a motorbike, the sound of the motorbike had to be dubbed in. I presume this was down to the difficulty in recording the sound in the outdoor scenes. Motorbikes come with many different kinds of engines each of which produces a different sound. It always used to bug me that the sound effects people had no clue and would always add the wrong sound so that a Harley sounded like a Japanese four or a Japanese four sounded like a two stroke.

Last weekend my daughter visited and her and my wife were watching a period drama called Bridgerton on Netfix. The show isn't really being too serious about authentically reproducing Regency England, Bernadette Banner is not impressed by the dresses having zips and the cast is a little more cosmopolitan than it would have been at the time. One of the characters is quite an accomplished pianist and performs on a compact horizontal piano that looks about right for the time. The problem is that it sounds like a modern grand.

@Chris Hobson I get annoyed by the knitting worn and then the patterns published as being period correct costume.
Admittedly I have made money by making similar items on commission, but I do always ask if they want something more authentic before accepting.
Outlander is one such offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back