first hypo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynne51

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
well yesterday started the same as normal with 30 grms porridge for breakfast and tea with milk then i was really busy for a couple of hours cooking a chicken stew and my xmas mince pies (i dont eat them but hubby loves them lol) had a wholemeal sandwich at twelve with salad and tea then carried on cooking for another hour and half then took the dog out for a half hour walk when i got back in the house i started to feel nausea and felt really shakey so took bg and it was 3 i am diet controlled so i ate a glucose tab which is similar to eating flavoured chalk then had an apple within 1 hour felt much better bg 7 so ive learnt something and that is if im doing more than usual to make sure i eat a little more carbs. love to you all Lynne

Lynne, don't know whether to congratulate you on your first hypo, but I will congratulate you on recognising it and treating if perfectly! Well done!:D Souds like you might need to have healthy snack if you're being particularly active, it shows that you are becoming much more sensitive to the insulin your body is producing, so porbably when your pancreas catches up with the notion, it will probably just put out appropriate amounts in future!🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back