First Hypo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezsuttonuk

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I think I have just had my first hypo... before tea I was 6.3 so had my tablets and insulin as normal.. after tea I came over all thick headed and really sweaty.. tested and I was 2.9 !!! never been below 4.2 before... so I hit the jelly babies and 5 mins later back up to 6..
I am puzzled as to what caused this low so quickly and with no obvious changes to my routine...

Last edited:
I think I have just had my first hypo... before tea I was 6.3 so had my tablets and insulin as normal.. after tea I came over all thick headed and really sweaty.. tested and I was 2.9 !!! never been below 4.2 before... so I hit the jelly babies and 5 mins later back up to 6..
I am puzzled as to what caused this low so quickly and with no obvious changes to my routine...
May have depended on what you had for tea.

Anyone on insulin can end up with a hypo. Sometimes it’s because of different levels of activity, slightly different timing of eating or injection. The heat could cause it. The main thing is to always be prepared with treatment within reach so you don’t get caught out.

I'm thinking that when i injected my insulin i must have injected into a blood vessel instead of flesh so instead of a slow burn it hit home instantly.. possible ?

I'm thinking that when i injected my insulin i must have injected into a blood vessel instead of flesh so instead of a slow burn it hit home instantly.. possible ?
This is possible but rare.
There is an article that lists 42 things which can affect our blood sugars.
Things like timing, exercise, heat, weather, less stress than usual, ... (all at some time in the last 24 hours) are things that can affect our levels.

I am glad you were able to recognise and treat it promptly.

Yes, or maybe you nicked a muscle or missed the subcutaneous layer. It’s happened to me a few times and there are areas of my body I don’t use for that reason. I also always pinch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back