First HbA1c result and diabetic review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1962

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I had my first HbA1c result today and it was 6.7%. My DN was very pleased with this and just told me to carry on doing what i'm doing and she will see me in 6 months time. When i went to see the GP after that she has increased my statin dose from 20g to 40g as my cholesterol was 5.77 and she said normally it would be OK but because i'm diabetic she wants it lower. My blood pressure was OK so don't need any medication for that. My only slight concern was that some blood was found in my urine sample so the sample has to be sent off for further testing. She said it could be some infection like cystitis so am hoping it will be OK. Apart from that i am pleased with the overall results. Thanks to all for your support so far.

Those are really good numbers Carina. I'm impressed, congratulations and well done.

hi carina thats great news on the hbA if she is happy you are going great guns well done on everything else , and try not to worry to much about the pensnd test result xx

well done

well done carina your a star XXXXXXXX

That's great Carina - keep up the good work and I bet you'll do even better next time🙂

thanks all of you, will hope to carry on with the 'good work'. I did notice today that after eating a shop bought corned beef and pickle roll for lunch pushed my BS to 9.6!! i thought it would be OK even though the roll was white and light, oh well looks like i will have to experiment with something else.

Well done Carina, great results 🙂 x

Well done Carina 🙂

My first was the same! Did you struggle to get your nurse to let you test? Or are you medicated?

I haven't been given any medication and just told to carry on doing what i'm doing so it's just diet and excercise. I tried yet again to get test strips on prescription but both DN and GP said no, that i don't need to test which is ludicrous but how can you argue? i have no option but to buy the test strips if i want to carry on testing which i will do as how would i know otherwise what i can eat or avoid eating? take today for example, i ate a shop bought corned beef and pickle roll for my lunch today and when i tested 2 hours later, my BS level was 9.6 so i won't be having that again (unless i make it myself and see how that reads). I am trying to cut down my testing to just fasting glucose and 2 hours after my main meal and any new foods like today. By the way how do i put down my results at the bottom of my status?

Go to 'User CP' (User Control Panel) at the top of the screen and select 'Edit Signature' from there.🙂

Thats a very good first result so well done. I'm sure testing has influenced your results so think that if you can it's good to continue.

Well done on your first hba1c you should be really pleased with yourself! Not so good about the blood in the urine but hopefully it'll get sorted out soon with the results.

Emma x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back