First day results

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Well, I'm more than happy on my first day results, better than I could of imagined. As follows

11.56 pm b4 bed 6.5
6.46 am 6.5

Woke up feeling fully refreshed and wide awake, first time since diagnosis.

7.36am 4 breakfast 6.1 ate 29 carbs and bolused
9.36am 3.4, think I overdid qa, as I bolused my old ratios when I had no base
Corrected hypo
9.51 5.0
12.34pm b4 lunch 5.1 ate 115 carbs, used multiwave, how brilliant is that!
14.34 7.4
15.59 6.3, reduced basal by 50%, as I was doing some shopping after work
17.00pm basal back to 100%, still feel great.

In total pumping 11.90 units of basal more in evening, less at night, more early hours and less in day time, seems to be working perfect. But will do basal tests for fine tuning.

Long may this continue 🙂

Looks like a very good day Brett! Well done, you sound like you're really getting to grips with it 🙂

Looks like a very good day Brett! Well done, you sound like you're really getting to grips with it 🙂

Thanks northener, yeah no problem with getting used to it in the day

Just tested before tea and 4.7. Also, apart from the mild hypo this morning no snacks needed after lunch, another first.

Wow! Well done Brett!!

That's brilliant Brett I am so really pleased for you:D. Pumps are cool:D

Thanks lauras and aj, pumps ar VERY COOOL!, wish if had it a long time ago. Bluetooth even cooooler 🙂

Whooppeeee pumps certainly do rock. We love our pump (well Jessica's not mine).

They are quite liberating which is odd for some people to comprehend as you are attached to them but the freedom overall compared to the being attached far outweighs the being attached. Not sure any of that makes sense but I know what I mean :D

Whooppeeee pumps certainly do rock. We love our pump (well Jessica's not mine).

They are quite liberating which is odd for some people to comprehend as you are attached to them but the freedom overall compared to the being attached far outweighs the being attached. Not sure any of that makes sense but I know what I mean :D

Lol, know exactly what you mean. My wifes struggling with it more than me at the moment. She didn't like me injecting but when it was done that was that. Now, although I feel loads better and as u said have alot more freedom and flexibility, she can see it there all the time, thinking how is that easier. Hard to explain properly to a non diabetic how much more freedom I got with it attached all the time.

Last edited:
Not to a d mum Brett. We know absolutely how much more freedom there is as it affects the whole family and the freedom is huge. Your wife will be ok, its just a matter of getting used to something different thats all.

Not to a d mum Brett. We know absolutely how much more freedom there is as it affects the whole family and the freedom is huge. Your wife will be ok, its just a matter of getting used to something different thats all.

I'm used to it lol, my wife tried explaining it was like I had been diagnosed all over again. Think out brought back all the memories when I got initially diagnosed flat out in a and e. Had a long chat earlier, but all o.k. I'm trying to get her to touch the tubing ancanula, might take a while though lol

Thanks pg, very happy with everything 🙂

Keep up the good work Brett, sounds like you are a natural "pumper" lol:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back