First day at work - no diabetes problems! (and a question!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
hey all - I'm in my new place away from evil landladys and much much happier!

So it was my first day at work today and the sugars have been brilliant all day - the lower side of brilliant yes, but no major issues at all. Last night i went a bit funny cuz it had been such a busy busy day and I was tired, stressed and panicked (mainly because I'd slashed my hand up on a glass whilst moving!) and I ended up falling asleep on my other halfs lap whilst watching Ali G indahouse and being woken up by him panicing cuz of my bloods. Bless :D

But yeah, alls good on the work front. My boss knows all about diabetes becaue the girl ive taken over from is a type 1 aswell. He has no problems with taking breaks as and when they're needed and said if I'm on my own in the shop and I feel funny, just to put the 'back in 5' sign up and go sort my self out!

How awesome is that?!

:D

However, even though I've been running well all day, I've been taking les insulin than normal. I was expecting to be a bit higher an I'm not :confused: is this because ive been rushing around or dyu think maybe i should stick to less?

Hi Hun,

Thats brilliant news, well done..:D

Sorry you cut your hand though

Heidi
🙂

Good to see that there are understanding bosses out there. I try to be caring with my staff and understand problems that people have but unfortunatly there are a few people that take the pi$$ and ruin it for everyone.

Obviously the person that you took over from was good and didn't take advantage thankfully or you might have been looking at a whole different scenario!

Good luck in your new job, sorry don't have a clue about insulin!

Julie xx

It's probably the stress of everything new. That can raise your blood sugar. Personally though, I'd rather be a bit high in that situation than going down with a hypo.

Work on getting things straight before fine tuning your insulin.

Congratulations Sam on finally getting everything sorted and glad to hear the first day went well.

With regards to the insulin you might find that you will require less if you are now more active in this role then you were before. As said by Alan I would watch your blood levels for a little while before making any major changes just to let things settle into a pattern as you have had so much stress recently.

Congratulations again and hope you have a great evening, think you have earnt it

Andy

Congratulations Sam on finally getting everything sorted and glad to hear the first day went well.

With regards to the insulin you might find that you will require less if you are now more active in this role then you were before. As said by Alan I would watch your blood levels for a little while before making any major changes just to let things settle into a pattern as you have had so much stress recently.

Congratulations again and hope you have a great evening, think you have earnt it

Andy

cant advise any more than this on insulin front, you have been throgh a lot lately!

Glad everything good in your new job, and yur new boss sounds great! It takes all the stress out of learning a new job, new people etc when you can relax re your diabetes doesnt it?

cant advise any more than this on insulin front, you have been throgh a lot lately!

Glad everything good in your new job, and yur new boss sounds great! It takes all the stress out of learning a new job, new people etc when you can relax re your diabetes doesnt it?

aye you're right it really does, i'm glad the boss is so easy going. He was telling me earlier how the other girl barely had any problems there after having to leave her job at co-op becuase it was so easy going and he hopes I had no problems too, and offered a friendly ear should i ever need to talk as well. It's a shame its only part time hours, cuz I love it already! Though I must admit I was a bit bad today and forgot to do my post breakfast check 😱

I'm a bit worried about my bloods, just had yet another low, so I may phone the nurse and have a chat over insulin regime. Am glad its been pretty good today though, am gunna keep a close eye like you all say and then possibly (after chatting to the nurse) change it a bit.

Thanks guys - I'll keep you all informed :D

Hi Sam!

Just to say good luck in the job - the boss sounds great! Perhaps you were anxious and it reflected in your levels?🙂Bev

Well done about the job. Shall I come round and kiss your hand better?

Or has the thought of it being kissed become a miracle cure? :D

Hi again Sam .,

sorry Ive only just noticed this post 😱 as I said earlier I'm soo jealous !

all those lovely books , heaven. I would keep an eye on your levels but you

may find you need less Insulin as you will be more active, saying that we are

all different so check first 🙂 Wow I think you have the perfect boss aswell !!

I am so pleased for you , now all you need is the flat sorted and you'll have

it all sorted for you and your guy. xx A.M 🙂

Wow that is such a coincidence that the last girl there was type 1 too :D very lucky 🙂

I'm glad everything is going really well for you now (except the glass thing, ouch!).

I expect you were more active than usual and that reflected on you running slightly lower and needing less insulin.

Thats great to have such an understanding boss, and that you are enjoying your job so far

thanks all 🙂 have just got some glucotabs to keep with my tomorrow as its gunna be way more active running round upstairs and stuff, but its all good. i'm glad the boss is so understanding and it helps that there are only 3 staff aswell!

and the glass thing, still hurts :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back