First 36 hours on hybrid closed loop - when regularly having both cocodamol and have gastroparesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJLang

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I’m trying the Medtronic 780 combined with self paying for Guardian 4 sensors. Please note that the tweaks I’ve made are based on my own experience and, although they work for me, have not been medically advised. Medical advice should come from pump DSN.

First 36 hours of my hybrid loop/artificial pancreas and it’s going very well after I did some tweaking of targets etc. The goal was to reach 70% in target (which is considered the gold standard) and I’m currently 97% in target for the last 24 hours. Seems to be coping well with the gastroparesis so far. Main problem is that it says that my level is a lot higher than it actually is for two hours after I have cocodamol - and I have that four times in every 24 hours. The risk of it saying much higher when it’s not is that it can release too much insulin which can cause a bad hypo. But fingers crossed I’ve found a way to sort that out each time I have the tablets. So fingers crossed everything’s going to plan and I’m so happy.

Attachments

• IMG_3585.png
    IMG_3585.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 4
Congratulations @AJLang

Glad you are off to such a flying start!

Well done!

Thank you Mike and TDM. I’m amazed at how well it’s dealing with my overnight gastroparesis levels and that it’s taken away my fear of getting hypos because of them. Currently down to 78% in target but I’m still happy with that.

So exciting I’ve just placed my ongoing order for the things to continue to make my pump hybrid (closest thing to a diabetic having a fully working pancreas) Apart from if there are any technical problems I only need one finger prick a week and just press a button each time I eat or have cocodamol. In return I should get my best diabetes control ever. After placing the order I burst into tears of joy. Can’t believe this is happening in my 53rd year of diabetes.

I’m trying the Medtronic 780 combined with self paying for Guardian 4 sensors. Please note that the tweaks I’ve made are based on my own experience and, although they work for me, have not been medically advised. Medical advice should come from pump DSN.

First 36 hours of my hybrid loop/artificial pancreas and it’s going very well after I did some tweaking of targets etc. The goal was to reach 70% in target (which is considered the gold standard) and I’m currently 97% in target for the last 24 hours. Seems to be coping well with the gastroparesis so far. Main problem is that it says that my level is a lot higher than it actually is for two hours after I have cocodamol - and I have that four times in every 24 hours. The risk of it saying much higher when it’s not is that it can release too much insulin which can cause a bad hypo. But fingers crossed I’ve found a way to sort that out each time I have the tablets. So fingers crossed everything’s going to plan and I’m so happy.
Hi Amanda

So pleased that the system is working well for you And is dealing with your gastroparesis.

In the pumping thread there is one for 780 users which includes a variety of tips and wrinkles
This might prove to be a useful resource.

I find that I just raise my target level when I am in painkillers, so that if it reads me higher than I am it is not trying to get me so low so that avoids hypos. Not sure whether that is the same tweaks you are using.

My favourite thing of all using this is SLEEPING through the night whilst Smartguard sorts out my levels and I wake to a nice flat line.

Keep us updated.

So exciting I’ve just placed my ongoing order for the things to continue to make my pump hybrid (closest thing to a diabetic having a fully working pancreas) Apart from if there are any technical problems I only need one finger prick a week and just press a button each time I eat or have cocodamol. In return I should get my best diabetes control ever. After placing the order I burst into tears of joy. Can’t believe this is happening in my 53rd year of diabetes.
Aww... that's such lovely news. So pleased for you!

Hi Amanda

So pleased that the system is working well for you And is dealing with your gastroparesis.

In the pumping thread there is one for 780 users which includes a variety of tips and wrinkles
This might prove to be a useful resource.

I find that I just raise my target level when I am in painkillers, so that if it reads me higher than I am it is not trying to get me so low so that avoids hypos. Not sure whether that is the same tweaks you are using.

My favourite thing of all using this is SLEEPING through the night whilst Smartguard sorts out my levels and I wake to a nice flat line.

Keep us updated.
Thank you @SB2015 Yes the painkiller tweak that I was doing originally was using the 8.3 temporary target but within a few days I found that I know longer needed to do this. I've found your thread in the pumping section really helpful, thank you.

Just a quick update. My time in range 24 hour since Monday has been an absolutely amazing 100% with an average SG (BG) of between 6.8 and 7.2. and no sign of hypos. My range is set as 3.9 to 10 I'm sure it won't always be this good 🙂 but I'm enjoying it whilst it is.
Absolutely amazing how it's helping me deal with the overnight slow digestion caused by the gastroparesis. Life is certainly a lot easier now.

Just a quick update. My time in range 24 hour since Monday has been an absolutely amazing 100% with an average SG (BG) of between 6.8 and 7.2. and no sign of hypos. My range is set as 3.9 to 10 I'm sure it won't always be this good 🙂 but I'm enjoying it whilst it is.
Absolutely amazing how it's helping me deal with the overnight slow digestion caused by the gastroparesis. Life is certainly a lot easier now.

Amazing result, well pleased for you @AJLang

Thank you @SB2015 Yes the painkiller tweak that I was doing originally was using the 8.3 temporary target but within a few days I found that I know longer needed to do this. I've found your thread in the pumping section really helpful, thank you.
Really pleased that you are finding the system works so well for you.
Very happy to answer any questions that arise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back