Firm behind KFC chicken shortage given NHS supply contract in the event of a no-deal Brexit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Government ministers have, in the event of a no-deal Brexit, awarded a critical NHS supplies contract to the firm behind the calamitous KFC chicken shortage. A UK logistics hub in Belgium will rely on the delivery company DHL to transport crucial goods across the Channel, The Mirror has reported. Early last year, KFC faced a national supply issue after switching to DHL. The fast food chain was forced to close hundreds of branches after running out of chicken in a logistics fiasco that caused significant consumer backlash.

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/no-deal-brexit-kfc-chicken-firm-nhs-supplies-contract/

Typical. Same as awarding a ferry contract to a firm with no ships. Not thunk through. Cheap contract submissions are cheap for a reason.

That said, DHL got a pack of atomisers for my e-pipe from China three days after ordering, so they’re not all bad. Just in Britain.

Well that’s comforting. 😱

Yet again, I’m eternally grateful to my forward thinking GP who upped my nebs allowance to 3x boxes of each a month, which means I now have a good stash behind me. That, plus enough stints in hospital with an extra month’s meds on discharge means I’m secure for a good 4 months.

If only I could sort the same for my daughters :(

When I was on meds, I always managed to stay about three months in advance.

When I was on meds, I always managed to stay about three months in advance.
It’s very comforting, and something I plan to keep up with. Brexit really scares me, I was a poorly fed, unhappy child and the thought of food shortages sends me into a panic. I confess I have a ‘war’ cupboard, but then I’m also from an area where prepping is normal because of the winters.

It’s very comforting, and something I plan to keep up with. Brexit really scares me, I was a poorly fed, unhappy child and the thought of food shortages sends me into a panic. I confess I have a ‘war’ cupboard, but then I’m also from an area where prepping is normal because of the winters.

So do I.
Prepped for a hard winter, I can live on the tins for months!

So do I.
Prepped for a hard winter, I can live on the tins for months!
Me too! At the very best we will avoid price hikes for a while, at worse I can feed us nutritious meals without having to rely on anyone else. It’s got to be a win win situation.

The day they announce ‘no deal’, you’ll find me face first in a Fray Bentos pie, the filthy little beastie.

Me too! At the very best we will avoid price hikes for a while, at worse I can feed us nutritious meals without having to rely on anyone else. It’s got to be a win win situation.

The day they announce ‘no deal’, you’ll find me face first in a Fray Bentos pie, the filthy little beastie.

And the puddings....

I plan to fill my greenhouse with tomato plants and my freezer with icecream.
I might even get some chickens, and a meal worm farm. Meal worms make chickens Soooo happy.

I plan to fill my greenhouse with tomato plants and my freezer with icecream.
I might even get some chickens, and a meal worm farm. Meal worms make chickens Soooo happy.
Ahh I miss our chickens so much, they were awesome birds, so entertaining. I’d love a greenhouse, Mr Madeline has got me some open shelving units from Ikea and put them up in front of the French windows in the kitchen. I have a fine crop of salads growing on them. Going to grow veggies on the patio, even I can toddle about with a hose.

Mmm
Milk chocolate Hobnobs if we are going for the zombie apocalypse.
The plain stuff just doesn't work.
Food of the Gods, chocolate Hobnobs. I’d have to fight youngest for them though, and I know my yummy plain choc digestives are safe from my marauding family.

Listen you lot - if we do have a Zombie apocalypse - I intend to ruddy well enjoy what I eat so you can just stick the milk chocolate where the sun don't shine - and keep me supplied with the Borders plain choc ginger thins!

Listen you lot - if we do have a Zombie apocalypse - I intend to ruddy well enjoy what I eat so you can just stick the milk chocolate where the sun don't shine - and keep me supplied with the Borders plain choc ginger thins!
They’re delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back