Fingers and hands sore and peeling from taking bloods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting your technique right is important and you should not get sore fingers and certainly not peeling. Check your lancing device is not set too deep and choose different fingers for each sample.
Make sure your hands are warm, massage the finger towards the tip before pricking, then you should only need light pressure to get your minute drop the strip requires.
I find just to the side of the pad works for me, but other people find different places best.
There are some YouTube videos on sampling technique so take a look at those.
How many times are you testing?

Sorry to hear you have painful hands @Original

This shouldn’t be inevitable. i was checking BG with fingersticks 8-10 times a day for years, and never had any lasting discomfort, even though I used lancets more than once.

One of the important aspects is to use a good, adjustable fingerpricking device. Many members here find the Accu-Chek multiclix are reliable and virtually pain free when the depth is adjusted properly.

There are some more practical hints and tips here which may help:
Painless Pricks, by Alan S

Sorry to hear you have painful hands @Original

This shouldn’t be inevitable. i was checking BG with fingersticks 8-10 times a day for years, and never had any lasting discomfort, even though I used lancets more than once.

One of the important aspects is to use a good, adjustable fingerpricking device. Many members here find the Accu-Chek multiclix are reliable and virtually pain free when the depth is adjusted properly.

There are some more practical hints and tips here which may help:
Painless Pricks, by Alan S
Thank you

FastClix now (similar to MultiClix, which it replaces). (There was also a SoftClix but I think that one's gone, too.)

I can never remember which is the current version! I should have looked it up :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back