Fingerprick readings going up - did my error cause this Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny105

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Type 2 - metformin. My metformin tabletss and my Avrostatin tabs are similar shapes. When i went away I put Avrostatain into 2 boxes instead of Metformin and Avrostatin into a box each. I didnt notice this for 7- 10 days.
Would the lack of Metformin or the doubling of the Avrostatin cause my fingerprick to rise. Levels now generally 10- 20 with avr of 14.??
Any tips on bringing these down . Im using Luv Life bread (3.9 carb per slice),Protein meat and fish , eggs . No sugar soya yog; Fruit berries only.
Im tired and tetchy . weight is 7stone 7lbs a loss of 3lbs , 6kgs?

Possibly, yes.
But it should go back down now you're on the right meds again.

Type 2 - metformin. My metformin tabletss and my Avrostatin tabs are similar shapes. When i went away I put Avrostatain into 2 boxes instead of Metformin and Avrostatin into a box each. I didnt notice this for 7- 10 days.
Would the lack of Metformin or the doubling of the Avrostatin cause my fingerprick to rise. Levels now generally 10- 20 with avr of 14.??
Any tips on bringing these down . Im using Luv Life bread (3.9 carb per slice),Protein meat and fish , eggs . No sugar soya yog; Fruit berries only.
Im tired and tetchy . weight is 7stone 7lbs a loss of 3lbs , 6kgs?
Main advice is go back to taking your medication correctly and see what happens to your bgs. Not sure what weight loss you mean. 3lbs isn’t the same as 6kg.

Can I ask why the docs had a change of heart with your diagnosis. I noticed you were a LADA originally. Does your footnote say that you were antibody positive? Noticed you put abnormal so wasn’t sure ?

Sorry to hear you have been feeling tired and tetchy @Jenny105 :(

Don’t be too hard on yourself about the meds mix-up. The important thing is that you’ve noticed, and sorted it out.

Hope your high levels come down gradually.

Can I ask why the docs had a change of heart with your diagnosis. I noticed you were a LADA originally. Does your footnote say that you were antibody positive? Noticed you put abnormal so wasn’t sure ?
As well as feeling tired and tetchy , my memory is pretty crummy plus my typing is bad. LADA was discounted as all the tests were ok . However after my last long term glucose blood test the Nurse thought she might take the Metformin away but i asked if i could raise the food carbs instead first. They were low. I'm disappointedthat by error I took myself off inadvertantly and the fingerpricks have risen ........ I have an appointment on Mon with an HCA for various tests i have to have. I believe the GP has added in a glucose test too. Thanks for your concern

Sorry to hear you have been feeling tired and tetchy @Jenny105 :(

Don’t be too hard on yourself about the meds mix-up. The important thing is that you’ve noticed, and sorted it out.

Hope your high levels come down gradually.
Thanks for the encouragement . Several issues have got me down recently I'm sure they'lll clear soon . In the beginning I seemed to do well even if i was a bit hard on the carbs. I'll go back to tthinking of this as a challenge which will pass. 🙂

Main advice is go back to taking your medication correctly and see what happens to your bgs. Not sure what weight loss you mean. 3lbs isn’t the same as 6kg.
Oops never get the conversion right . More like 1 1/2 kgs = 3lbs. Im still just within my BMI if i dont go too much lower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back