Finger pricker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaff

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi, can any one recommend a finger pricker that’s nice and gentle? I’ve got the Roche AccuChek FastClix but it’s too harsh even on the lowest setting. I have bruises on both sides of my fingers now.
I used to have the AccuChek Multiclix, which was great but they’ve stopped making the lancets.
Can anyone help?

Hi @Smaff and welcome the forum.
You can try contacting manufacturers directly and ask about whether they have a smaller gauge of lancet that you could try, or alternatively, you could try something like 'safety lancet'. A lot of manufactures offer these and they may have a lighter pressure which could help. You could also try finger lancets, which allow you to control pressure yourself, which may help you.
Of course, the other alternative is to try Flash Glucose monitoring, which reduces the amount of finger prick testing you need to do. Depending on what the guidelines are in your local area, this may be available to you ion the NHS. If not, you can offer clinical reasoning as to why you require the technology. If you are having issues finger pricking , this could support a reason for getting the technology.

Have you discussed this with your DSN to see if there is anything you could do to help with this?

Hopefully someone will be able to suggest something for you that they have had personal experience of.

I started with the accucheck but found the code free one smoother and much less painful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back