Finally

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndasw

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
... I have an appointment for retinopathy eye screening! Diagnosed in Feb I was told there was a 3 month waiting list for appointments. When I saw the DN first week in May I mentioned I still hadn't heard anything and she said she would chase it up. Still no sign of an appointment last week, my friend gave me the telephone number of the centre where they co-ordinate appointments for SWales. When I phoned yesterday I was told there was a 3 month waiting list for appointments and I has another month to wait, I then explained I had been waiting 6 months already! Yeah you guessed-they only received my referral end of May (4 months after diagnosis). Anyway, they have put me in for two weeks today 🙂 dreading it 😱

The retinopathy check up is not as bad as it sounds, so try not to worry about it. Has any one explained what happens?

It does take a little while to get the first scan done. It was explained to me that you need two or three months to allow any medication or new regime to begin working and to have any effect on the way the eyes behave. I think I waited about 6 months for my first one.

It is not to bad just make sure you dont drive and take sunglasses and maybe someone with you x

I found it OK on the whole. I was lucky and didn't need the drops, but I still took my sunglasses and a taxi both ways.

I wont take my car obviously so will probably make my way there by bus. However I don't have any prescription sunglasses and without glasses or contacts I am as blind as a bat yet alone having drops as well 😱 goodness knows where I would end up so OH will be coming to pick me up afterwards 🙂

I find a wide brimmed hat helps a bit. Get the other half to pick you up if possible as it will be less stress for you. Hopefully on the say it wont be too bright for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back