Finally got a Clikstar Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiVZ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

So after waiting about 4 weeks to get one I've finally got a shiny new blue Clikstar pen and can now hopefully stop getting into trouble for incorrect use of my Lantus in my Humapen Luxura 😛

So far I'm pretty pleased with it. It is a bit 'plasticy' and marginally longer than my Humapen. But it does feel sturdy enough, and makes a satisfying click when dialing up a dose, and a nice smooth release when pushing the plunger (as you'd expect from it's German manufacture).

At the moment I'd place it slightly behind the build quality of the Humapen Luxura (still prefer the metal to the plastic), but it's a massive improvement over the awful Autopens.

NiVZ

Sounds good! I really don't trust my Autopen :( Having said that, it took the doctor's surgery 4 attempts to prescribe me the correct one out of the 4 available types so it would be a bit of a saga to get one of these, I imagine! Seeing GP in a couple of weeks though, so maybe if I'm sitting in front of her I can make sure she picks the right one!

Had he exact same problem with getting the right Autopen but ended up getting a few of the right ones given to me at a recent DSN visit. Not really keen on the autopens too, they feel quite rickety to say the least 😛

Clikstar pens do look so much better! grats on getting one at last, let us now how it goes :D

SOunds great, and the main thing is you are happy with it.

About time eh NiVz, glad your happy with it .

I'm still using mine and finding that I do prefer it over the autopen. Being able to control the speed of injection is what I do like about it.

Autopens are awful.

I can't believe there are so few devices compatible with lantus cartridges. It's not as if it's a niche insulin only used by a handful of diabetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back