Finally diagnosed as Type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightbaby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone

Sorry not posted in a while but been madness here in the Anderson household. Hubby been made redundant and mum in hospital for 8 weeks now. Thankfully she is on the mend but meant spent spare time doing things to help out.

Anyway finally after numerous tests its been decided that after not being able to decide what type I was when initially diagnosed I amtype 2 diabetic . Therefore been on tablets for the last couple of months and after a particular week of high glucose level, put onto glizaride as well.

Seem to have managed to conquor this diabetes at the moment but no doubt something will come back to make me face reality some time soon. I was at consultant on Tuesday last week and all seems fine. Raised the question about having a baby as was all set to have one this year but was diagnosed in Jan so that threw that out the window. So he says fingers crossed all going well i can start trying in a couple of months.

Anyway hope you are all well for now

Allyxx

hi nice to see you posting again ally,sorry to hear of your hubbys redundancy and mums hospital stay,glad things are settled and so far so good with the diabetes X

p.s good luck with concieving .

Hi Ally, thanks for the update - good to see that they've finally made decision regarding type and treatment, and also that it's doing the trick🙂

Glad to hear you have got an answer about your type. I do think it's important, i know I like to know what exactly is going on with me. Did they suggest going onto insulin for the pregnancy? Many hospitals have a pre-conception clinic, I know there is one run by the DSN's at my hospital. Might be worth getting refered to one if you can

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back