Final list of CCGs published in ?landmark moment? for GP commissioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The Government has revealed the final names and configurations of the 212 CCGs that will be considered for authorisation, in a move hailed as a ?landmark moment' in the transition to clinical commissioning.

The NHS Commissioning Board has announced details of the sizes, geography (see map, below) and running costs for the new organisations that will replace PCTs in England, with further mergers and reconfigurations now unlikely.

The 212 CCGs cover populations ranging from 68,000 (NHS Corby CCG) to 901,000 (NHS North, East, West Devon CCG), with most groups covering between 150,000 and 300,000.

The board said 86 CCGs will match their local authority boundary, with four matching the boundaries of more than one local authority taken together, and a further 95 sitting wholly within a local authority.

http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/newsart...ished-in-landmark-moment-for-gp-commissioning

(free registration required)

It seems that there is a "NHS Mid Essex CCG" (currently I'm in Mid Essex PCT)

What makes me think that all is going to happen is that the PCT becomes a CCG and pretty much nothing else changes?

It seems that there is a "NHS Mid Essex CCG" (currently I'm in Mid Essex PCT)

What makes me think that all is going to happen is that the PCT becomes a CCG and pretty much nothing else changes?

You cynic you! 😱 🙂 Just as long as things don't get markedly worse, since we are now stuck with it, it seems...:(

For some reason the site won't let me log in, so I sent for a 'forgotten password' and have reset my password, then clicked the link in your post again - and it still won't let me log in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back