Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
Field safety notice for users of Medtronic 600 series pumps (including MM640G). Just in time for the holiday season!

A rare thing to do with buttons sticking if air pressure changes significantly (eg during landing or take off). But it looks like the pressure involved can be released by opening the battery compartment - probably a good idea to take a spare battery with you on flights?

https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/customer-support/product-and-service-updates/notice6-letter

Thanks for the warning EDUAD. I've flown quite a few times since I've had the 640G and never noticed a problem, but they do say it's a rare event. I guess it's related to the water-sealing. Personally, I'm happy to accept this consequence to get the water-proofing.

BTW on an unrelated issue. I spoke to my consultant yesterday about Fiasp and she advised to wait for a bit. Apparently they are doing some more trials at Addenbrookes on effects on carb ratios of changing from Novorapid to Fiasp. On the other hand, she said that if I want to give it a go, then get my GP to change my prescription - BUT keep the clinic informed.

Yes I will try to remember a battery on the rare occasions I fly!

I have my first lot of Fiasp in the fridge - just working through my last(?) NovoRapid vial!

I'd keep a reservoir-ful of Novo spare Mike - if it's a disaster you can easily revert, without having to get it changed back again and a new scrip, first.

If you do that - chances are you won't need to whereas if you don't - you'll be tempting providence! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back