Fibre supplement

squeakyclean

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Can anyone recommend a fibre supplement that doesn't clog together and become lumpy? I've tried it with both hot and cold water but still clogs no matter how vigorously I stir (doing path to remission) thank you

If you want or need to add fibre to your diet it is awkward to try to drink it.
I found that the best way to add more fibre was to add a teaspoon of psyllium husk or flour to the coleslaw I added to my salads and have a glass of water with the meal.
I don't do it now as I got used to less fibre in my diet, and I do feel better without it to be honest - I'd been encouraged to eat carbs with a lot of fibre for a very long time as it was supposed to be good for me - I eat fibrous stuff anyway, but the fibre from salads and low carb veges seems to be adequate. The rather dry coarse bran containing bread I was told to eat could end up as really painful hard lumps.

The only fibre supplement I've ever taken is Fybogel. One sachet into 150ml of cold water, stir, and drink straight away, ie down in one. I never had a problem with it clogging together or going lumpy.

I found that the best way to add more fibre was to add a teaspoon of psyllium husk or flour to the coleslaw I added to my salads and have a glass of water with the meal.
Things like psyllium husk also come in capsules. More expensive, but it avoids any difficulty in ingesting them. (Must still be taken with adequate liquid.)

Back