FIASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren8443

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Is anyone having any problems with FIASP batch HS66L89? Or any degludec/tresiba batched at the moment? X

Why do you ask? There’s a vanishingly small chance of two different types of insulin being duff, unless your fridge is broken.

I just wondered whether there were problems with that particular fiasp batch atm or any degludec batches.... not both.

Some folk who have used Fiasp find that the rapid onset of action fades with time, but it would be interesting to see if a new batch is the same, so I would discuss this with your DSN or pharmacy about a resupply.

I've used Fiasp for nearly 2 years with no issues except when the diabetes decides to play havoc and basals need changing.
Anything can cause a change in insulin requirements and it's very rarely the insulin at fault it's just your body saying it needs more so give it more 🙂

I think @everydayupsanddowns had problems with Fiasp after he’d been on it a while, and reverted back to Novorapid. If you type Fiasp into the search box, and his name into 'posted my member' in the drop down box, some interesting discussions come up. I’m sure I have also read that some people found that they needed more insulin, as the Vitamin B3 that is supposed to speed up the action caused increased insulin resistance after a while, but i am afraid I can’t find a reference for that.
Other people have found it works fine for them, so I guess it depends whether you’re one of the unlucky ones.

Bloods have ran high since I’ve used this batch
Hi Lauren
I tend to spend too long thinking about equipment checks, or insulin probs, and as @Robin says sometimes we just need more insulin. It could be the batch but it may just be time for a basal rate check.

I think @everydayupsanddowns had problems with Fiasp after he’d been on it a while, and reverted back to Novorapid. If you type Fiasp into the search box, and his name into 'posted my member' in the drop down box, some interesting discussions come up. I’m sure I have also read that some people found that they needed more insulin, as the Vitamin B3 that is supposed to speed up the action caused increased insulin resistance after a while, but i am afraid I can’t find a reference for that.
Other people have found it works fine for them, so I guess it depends whether you’re one of the unlucky ones.

Yes I tried it for 3 vials, and by the end of the second one I knew it wasn’t for me. It stopped working fast after about 8 weeks, and was increasingly unpredictable and I needed more and more as time went on.

I wrote about it here: https://www.everydayupsanddowns.co.uk/2017/08/fiasp-review-fun-with-5050-and-mystery.html

Don't know about FIASP but my Tresiba's have been fine 2 different boxes used recently and not a problem (meaning I finished one and started a new batch lol) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back