Fiasp vials

helli

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
My pharmacy are usually incredibly prompt.
However, they are struggling to get hold of the Fiasp vials I need. They have ordered from their supplier who says Fiasp is available and then fail to deliver it. This has happened 3 times in the last 10 days. each time to fulfil my prescription.
The Diabetes UK article about insulin supply issues only mentions Fiasp in terms of FlexTouch pen shortages.
However, I have recently read about someone else struggling to get Fiasp for their pump and being told there is a shortage.

Rather than finding out if anyone else is struggling to get Fiasp vials, I wondered if anyone has received some in the last couple of weeks.
This would suggest it is just a "local supply chain issue" rather than a more worrying nationwide shortage.
If it is a local issue, I will call around all the local pharmacies rather than requesting an alternative to be prescribed.

I got Fiasp cartridges just before my trip to Tenerife on the 4th Sept without any problem.

Phew!
My Fiasp has arrived.
I guess it was just a local glitch in the system.

Not just for you @helli

A friend on a pump with Fiasp has also had problems getting hold of vials recently. He did manage to get some in the end but only after attempting to get a new prescription for penfils (which do not appear to be in short supply).

It seems like we all need to keep a close eye on ‘spare’ stock levels and give the pharmacies a good few weeks / months(?) notice to be safe these days 😱

Glad you got some in the end 🙂

Back