Fiasp for Insight pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatterthantheshadow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I use an Insight Pump, my next pump exchange isn't too far off. For the first time I have a choice of afew different types of pumps though intend to stay with the Insight as it suits my closed loop AAPS system. I'd really like to hear of anyone successfully using FIASP with this pump, and how you have delt with filling carts
Thank you in advance

Fiasp comes in vials the same as other insulins so no difference in filling the cartridge

Fiasp comes in vials the same as other insulins so no difference in filling the cartridge
I think the Insight typically comes with pre-filled cartridges.
I have never used the Insight so have always filled my own cartridges for my pump and have no trouble with doing so. In fact, I prefer it because I don't use a full cartridge of insulin between pump changes. So I am able to fill the cartridge to the level I want. Using pre-filled cartridges would be a huge waste of insulin.

@Pumper_Sue @helli thanks both, the pre filled pump cartridges are only available with Novovraoid inside. I'm pretty certain anyone using an Insight is by default on NR unless there's a work around, that's what I hope to find.

I understand Ypsopumps take the same pre filled but also have self filled, is anybody using ypso self filled in their Insight pump, and are they NHS funded?

When they launched the Insight they did say they were going to make 'empty' cartridges for it, but never have. They have stopped supplying new Insights and Combos, their only pump is now the Solo patch pump. So - you will have to choose another pump anyway.

When they launched the Insight they did say they were going to make 'empty' cartridges for it, but never have. They have stopped supplying new Insights and Combos, their only pump is now the Solo patch pump. So - you will have to choose another pump anyway.
This is disappointing, my trust have me down to exchange to a new one later this year. It's perfect for AAPS, I'll have to take a fresh look at my next options

@Fatterthantheshadow What are the other pumps on offer? I have a DANA RS and although I don’t loop myself, it is ideal for looping and had input from #wearenotwaiting when it was developed. It uses Open APS, I believe. It’s a great little pump and can take any insulin as it has self-fill cartridges.

When I stuck with a combo on my previous switch, the clinic had some in stock and I was able to simply pick up the new one. I suspect the ones that your clinic have already purchased will be supported for the coming four years, but they would not be able to get new ones in. It would be worth checking what the position is as that might give you another four years.

@Inka @SB2015 This was news to me today! during my last clinic phone appointment my nurse was so please with my recent progress she approved my upcoming exchange, I opted for a new Insight, this was before the announcement to discontinue was made.
I've emailed the clinic today, from memory all the other pumps on offer were not yet reverse engineered for looping, Dash and Solo etc. I'm certain I can find a solution even if I just keep this insight past the warranty.
If I can get a DANA RS how do you find the canular?

If I can get a DANA RS how do you find the canular
Dana was an option we were given last year but it was dropped by our clinic.
The cannulas did look good and as I remember they had a swively top.

There’s a choice of cannulas with the DANA @Fatterthantheshadow The one I use most is a rotating one - ie it turns so the tubing can be put whatever way you want. It also has a fantastic adhesive that’s heat-activated and stays on brilliantly, and leaves no black sticky residue. It has a plastic cannula (2 lengths available I think). There are also ones with metal cannulas, and also ones that you put in at an angle. Having a good choice of quality sets and cannulas is important to me. I’m very pleased with the DANA ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back