Fentanyl a cause of diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellowyne

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, I know this is a shot in the dark, but hey...nothing gained and all that! I have been looking, for a long time, to see if I could find any connection between 'Fentanyl Patches' long term use, and any link to onset of Diabetes.

My research skills are limited so maybe I am not doing this right!...You see, I am positive that after 18 months on high dose of Fentanyl, which nearly lost me my life, that it was the Fentanyl that onset my Diabetes...within 6 weeks of being Fentatnly free I was admitted to hospital several times with very high Liver enzymes, at the highest a reading 420!...I think the average is appox 30, I was very unwell!....I then developed severe Gall Bladder infections and stones...Then came high blood pressure! By the time I was admitted into hospital with gall bladder pain for about the 6th time, I was then diagnosed with Diabetes....and I had only just lost 6 stone in weight from being on the patches, I hardly ate anything, yet developed Gall stones?...You see, that's another thing, my split Cholestrial reading, the dietry side, is good...My DSN say's it the bit that the body does that is not good?...Sorry I can't explain this very well, I am doing my best😱

I am sure there is a connection with Fentanyl...Fentanyl predominatly effects, the Liver, Pancreaus...and Gall bladder....I developed ALL these problems within just a short period of 6 months!

Can anyone give me any advise on reserching this sort of thing please?

Thank you...Ellowyne x

*Please don't ask why my Gall bladder has not been removed...complex health issues! *

Hi Ellowyne, I moved your post to its own thread to give it more prominence.

I've had a good look around but I can't find anything that directly links fentanyl to diabetes. There is a lot of literature around that mentions precautions to be taken if you are already diabetic, which makes the search more difficult. Perhaps some of our more scientifically-minded members can try? 🙂

Last edited:
Thank you Northerner...I really would appretiate any advice or thoughts on this please....Thank you!

I hope you are ok yourself and feeling better now 🙂

Ellowyne x

Thank you Northerner...I really would appretiate any advice or thoughts on this please....Thank you!

I hope you are ok yourself and feeling better now 🙂

Ellowyne x

Yes thank you - my levels have been good lately and my insulin requirements have returned to where they were before 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back