Female question…(personal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardy1703

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hiya, I’m not sure I’m posting in the right forum so apologies in advance if I am…

I started injecting Tresiba before Christmas and I started Novorapid at the beginning of the year.

My periods always been pretty spot on, give or take a few days on the odd occasion but this month…Nothing! I’m currently 20 days late (not pregnant)

I’ve had the headaches, the belly aches and the usual symptoms we deal with but that is it.

I’m really hoping it’s just a blip and my bodies way of getting used to it’s new routine but I’m just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had experienced the same when first starting your medication?

I am 42 next month and know my clock is ticking lol, but know my monthly’s shouldn’t stop so abruptly and I’m now worrying that the whole reason for me going on insulin could be waste of time (me and my partner are wanting family and I’m trying to get my body healthy so I can do safely)

I’ve tried to speak to my gp/nurse but getting past the receptionist is a challenging task!

Any help, advice or guidance would be greatly received,

Thankyou

One missed period doesn’t really tell you much so don’t panic yet. I’m not diabetic but from a similar age my periods were erratic because peri menopause with phases of stopping for a few months then phases of erratic bleeding. I’ll be 50 this year and it’s not over yet. Get your BG under control. Be as healthy as you can. And see how it shakes out in the next few months then have a chat with the GP (if you can ever get through).

I was peri-menapausal at 42 but not diabetic at that stage so it's possible you're entering that stage.. Keep a diary of when you get your periods and talk to your Dr.

I was peri-menapausal at 42 but not diabetic at that stage so it's possible you're entering that stage.. Keep a diary of when you get your periods and talk to your Dr.
It just seems strange it’s happened now I’ve started injecting.

I will see what happens and contact my GP if I don’t see anything this month…The joys of being female!

Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation 😉 . I was thinking perimenopause too. As has been said, it can be a long time before full menopause that you start getting more irregular periods. They can also change how heavy they are. If it is perimenopause you still have a good chance of getting pregnant once you start trying.

Correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation 😉 . I was thinking perimenopause too. As has been said, it can be a long time before full menopause that you start getting more irregular periods. They can also change how heavy they are. If it is perimenopause you still have a good chance of getting pregnant once you start trying.
Thankyou, tbh I was thinking the same in regards to perimenopause. I’m also in the mist of putting final touches to my wedding in July so think the stress of that and still getting my head around injecting is just making me over think and worry a little

Thankyou, tbh I was thinking the same in regards to perimenopause. I’m also in the mist of putting final touches to my wedding in July so think the stress of that and still getting my head around injecting is just making me over think and worry a little
Stress very definitely can affect cycle length

Hiya, I’m not sure I’m posting in the right forum so apologies in advance if I am…

I started injecting Tresiba before Christmas and I started Novorapid at the beginning of the year.

My periods always been pretty spot on, give or take a few days on the odd occasion but this month…Nothing! I’m currently 20 days late (not pregnant)

I’ve had the headaches, the belly aches and the usual symptoms we deal with but that is it.

I’m really hoping it’s just a blip and my bodies way of getting used to it’s new routine but I’m just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had experienced the same when first starting your medication?

I am 42 next month and know my clock is ticking lol, but know my monthly’s shouldn’t stop so abruptly and I’m now worrying that the whole reason for me going on insulin could be waste of time (me and my partner are wanting family and I’m trying to get my body healthy so I can do safely)

I’ve tried to speak to my gp/nurse but getting past the receptionist is a challenging task!

Any help, advice or guidance would be greatly received,

Thankyou
Are you type 2? If so have you been checked for pcos? I know when I started insulin I was told my pcos symptoms would get worse, pcos can be triggered by insulin resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back