Felt awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabeticblue

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, just on for a bit of a moan. Felt awful yesterday bg 12.6 yesterday evening. Got up this morning fasting bg 12.2!!,still feeling rough had 1 piece of toasted wholemeal bread 2 hours later bg 17.2!!!!. Just had to have a moan sorry.

Chris :(

Hi Chris, sorry to hear this - do you think you might have caught a cold or something? That will often push levels higher as insulin resistance increases when we are ill. Hope it's just a blip.🙂

Hi Northerner, no sign of a cold or anything just generally feeling really tired bg's have been playing up for a few days, fasting levels especially.Seeing the DN on Friday after last appt was cancelled she has said that I may need to go onto another type of Insulin prior to meals as well as my Lantus once a day.

I hope you are feeling better. We all get days when we feel lousy. A moan hleps. Good luck with the DSN

Hi all, just on for a bit of a moan. Felt awful yesterday bg 12.6 yesterday evening. Got up this morning fasting bg 12.2!!,still feeling rough had 1 piece of toasted wholemeal bread 2 hours later bg 17.2!!!!. Just had to have a moan sorry.

Chris :(

hi Blue,
sorry to hear about your troubles.
How old are you and how long have you been dxed T2 ?

Hi Peter

I'm 54 and I was only diagnosed in March this year.

Chris

i was rough this morning and sick but i know its cos i've got builders in and i spent the night stressed out... hope things are better fro you soon x

i was rough this morning and sick but i know its cos i've got builders in and i spent the night stressed out... hope things are better fro you soon x

Sounds even worse for you at the moment,noise,dust etc etc. Hope they finish soon for you am.

Chris

Hi Northerner, no sign of a cold or anything just generally feeling really tired bg's have been playing up for a few days, fasting levels especially.Seeing the DN on Friday after last appt was cancelled she has said that I may need to go onto another type of Insulin prior to meals as well as my Lantus once a day.

Very often through diabetes we can detect colds or infections that we're not aware of yet, usually our levels rising for no reason. Equally we all know we can get blips which last a few hours, few days or longer. I tend to tighten my diet as tightly as I can if I hit a blip and go back to 'safe basics' as my reference points. Set sources and weights for my carbs in each meal.

It could also be you're not getting along well with Lantus, I couldn't get on with it when I first went from a mix, after a good while of trying various things unsuccessfully I went onto Levemir. Never looked back.

One thing I did try with Lantus and still do with Levemir is to split my dose, while both are designed to last around 24 hours there is quite a bit of material and experience to suggest splitting the dose to overcome different ways in which the body absorbs and uses the insulin.

With Lantus according to my consultant it's not unusual for some type 2's to be using frightening volumes to gain control.

Certainly worth discussing some options around this with the DSN, afterall if you can avoid an injection with every meal for a simple change elsewhere it makes a lot of sense.

She will have all the facts, make sure you keep an accurate diary as while I know it all now, as soon as I'm in the consulting room, I might as well have had the reset button on my memory pressed 😱

Good luck with your appointment.

yep camping in the sitting room!

Well at least camping in the sitting room is homely and more sophisticated than a tent - how's the cooking facilities? Indian tonight? 🙄

Thanks for the information David,thats what I love about this forum everyone has so much info to pass on to us Newbies.

Chris

Well at least camping in the sitting room is homely and more sophisticated than a tent - how's the cooking facilities? Indian tonight? 🙄

and warmer!!! suposed to be having a barbq..it was rossi mac idea...but where can you get charcol at this time of year...could burn the old units i s'pose....

Thanks for the information David,thats what I love about this forum everyone has so much info to pass on to us Newbies.

Chris

I love the sharing info stuff aswell. before i joined i was avery lonely D. 😡 but not anymore:D

and warmer!!! suposed to be having a barbq..it was rossi mac idea...but where can you get charcol at this time of year...could burn the old units i s'pose....

Quite a few shops I've seen still have the disposable BBQ's and you're taking rossi macs idea?

Great, what where the odds on that bet that you would go through with it??? 🙄

Chris

Seemingly Chris that's why we're here, I'm not into all the technical stuff, there are oodles of old timers who can remember things, I'm the old'ish timer who carries credit cards so I can remember who I am 😛

Hope you're soon sorted.

Hi Peter

I'm 54 and I was only diagnosed in March this year.

Chris

Hello again Chris,

John Walsh is an American CDE who has written extensively on calculating basal, bolus and correction doses. He has quite a following. He's mainly for T1s but relevant also for T2s on insulin.
His ideas are used in these pages.....
http://www.diabetesnet.com/diabetes_control_tips/

Might be helpful for calculating your correction doses when you hit the 17s.

Thanks Peter I'll have a look at that.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back