felling fed up with this

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayray119

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
todays one of those days where I woke up feeling fed of this.

Is there anything in particular which is getting to you today? And if it'll help then you can vent here about anything and everything.

Is there anything in particular which is getting to you today? And if it'll help then you can vent here about anything and everything.
just in gernal. i was higher then i liked before bed last night around 11-12 it seems be having ramdom peaks at the sometimes

Hopefully it settles back down again to more predictable patterns.
Was there anything different about yesterday which may have resulted in the higher levels before bed?

Hopefully it settles back down again to more predictable patterns.
Was there anything different about yesterday which may have resulted in the higher levels before bed?
it did go back now I recentlly changed to 1:20 for my evening meal. but the night before i had a hypo in meal night that my alerm didn't wake me up for

Being high always makes me feel less good, mentally. If I wake up higher than I would like, I inject a small correction to deal with it and then go back to sleep for half an hour or more because I feel so much better about the day if I start it in range. I am fortunate to be retired so I have the luxury of being able to do that, but just saying that just seeing those higher numbers can have a mental impact without considering physiological anxiety that higher levels can cause.

If I am struggling with my levels for a day or two and getting frustrated, then I usually find that my basal dose is not quite correct and needs some adjustment. It makes all the difference in the world when your basal dose is right and everything works as it should but sometimes you just get so wrapped up in dealing with each individual reading, you don't stop to think I need to look at the bigger picture here rather than just firefighting this. You also have to have the training to understand when to recognise that basal insulin needs adjusting and in the early days you are relying on a DSN to tweak things every now and then when it becomes really obvious, but it can be very frustrating in between those adjustments.

All I can really say is "hang in there!" It does get easier and things will start to make more sense once you are over the honeymoon period and you gain more experience and knowledge, but you will still get spells where it all gets to you. It helps to learn to simplify things (have set meals that are easy to bolus for, try to stick to a tired and tested routine etc.) as much as possible during those periods and basically tread water with it until you feel you are ready to tackle it and be more adventurous again.

Being high always makes me feel less good, mentally. If I wake up higher than I would like, I inject a small correction to deal with it and then go back to sleep for half an hour or more because I feel so much better about the day if I start it in range. I am fortunate to be retired so I have the luxury of being able to do that, but just saying that just seeing those higher numbers can have a mental impact without considering physiological anxiety that higher levels can cause.

If I am struggling with my levels for a day or two and getting frustrated, then I usually find that my basal dose is not quite correct and needs some adjustment. It makes all the difference in the world when your basal dose is right and everything works as it should but sometimes you just get so wrapped up in dealing with each individual reading, you don't stop to think I need to look at the bigger picture here rather than just firefighting this. You also have to have the training to understand when to recognise that basal insulin needs adjusting and in the early days you are relying on a DSN to tweak things every now and then when it becomes really obvious, but it can be very frustrating in between those adjustments.

All I can really say is "hang in there!" It does get easier and things will start to make more sense once you are over the honeymoon period and you gain more experience and knowledge, but you will still get spells where it all gets to you. It helps to learn to simplify things (have set meals that are easy to bolus for, try to stick to a tired and tested routine etc.) as much as possible during those periods and basically tread water with it until you feel you are ready to tackle it and be more adventurous again.
yeah they think my trisbria is right because gnarly flat from a certin point at night. i just miss the times where i can could without planning and thinking about it. it doesn't help that i'm dyspraxic so maths isn't my strong point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back