Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevpugh

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Evening all…I’ve a question about feet…my right foot on the top gets hot and painful a bit like pins and needle…my left foot mainly on the heal and the sole of my foot is painful…after talking to a nurse a few years ago when I questioned him about my right foot he told me my calf muscles were tight..the pain comes and goes anyone else have this or similar problems?

Similar, but milder, big toe is sometimes numb but no longer suffer with pains. Its a touch of neuropathy as far as I am aware, also lower limbs at risk of this due to narrowing blood vessels, i.e. pad, peripheral arterial disease. Used to have quite sharp pains in my right toes but since getting blood sugars under control its gradually improved. Nerves get stressed and damaged by high sugar levels. People say the nerves can never recover, I disagree and so do some diabetic doctors in the u.s.a. With strict control of sugar levels they will repair to some degree but the process is very slow, 1-2 years to see any improvement.

Similar, but milder, big toe is sometimes numb but no longer suffer with pains. Its a touch of neuropathy as far as I am aware, also lower limbs at risk of this due to narrowing blood vessels, i.e. pad, peripheral arterial disease. Used to have quite sharp pains in my right toes but since getting blood sugars under control its gradually improved. Nerves get stressed and damaged by high sugar levels. People say the nerves can never recover, I disagree and so do some diabetic doctors in the u.s.a. With strict control of sugar levels they will repair to some degree but the process is very slow, 1-2 years to see any improvement.
Yes my big toe on the right foot goes numb ( sorry brain fog ) my bloods have been high I’m trying to get it under control I’m sort of getting it sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back