Feet & toes pain

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotcheggs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi everyone
hope you are all well?
Over the last week I have been having really sharp pains in my feet and toes. In bed I have also been waking up with dreadful foot cramps.
Anyone else had this?
Should I be worried?
Thanks
Craig

hi everyone
hope you are all well?
Over the last week I have been having really sharp pains in my feet and toes. In bed I have also been waking up with dreadful foot cramps.
Anyone else had this?
Should I be worried?
Thanks
Craig
Probably best to get checked out but if your blood glucose levels have been changing quickly, either up or down that can affect the nerves and cause pain. There are medications that can help.
Cramps can be helped by magnesium, I have a gel which when rubbed in helps.

Sorry to hear about your leg aches and pains @scotcheggs :(

Nerve pain related to diabetes generally develops quite slowly over a long period I think?

What was your HbA1c when you were diagnosed in March? And have you had it rechecked recently?

Sometimes where people make rapid improvements to HbA1c they can get a period of transient nerve pain (or sometimes temporary eye damage) while the body adjusts and catches up.

Do get it checked by your GP and let us know what you find out 🙂

Hello @scotcheggs Sorry to hear about your feet and toes. I also have problems at present. As others have suggested nerves in the feet and toes can be an issue. The cramps could be arthritis. Good idea to get it checked sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back