feet Fish Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMalc

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi there,

We have a new 'spa' (shop!) opened in Milton Keynes which offers the 'dead skin eating' fish therapy. You stick your feet in and they are happy to eat the dead skin, but do not touch the live. They have no teeth, so it is not a piranha risk....

My question is, does anyone this would be unsuitable for us as Diabetics, as I have to admit to being curious about how it would feel and the opening offers arent too expensive either.

Cheers for any thoughts

Malc

Think we had a thread alonf these lines before. As long as they don't cause any nerve damage they sound good. I think they are called doctor fish. No harm in asking, but expect a negative from the place the fish are in.

I can't see why it would be unsuitable for diabetics if the fish only eat the dead skin but I did see it on tv and the idea makes me cringe but then I don't like my feet being touched anyway! 😛

Someone posted on here before about it and we came to the conclusion it should do us know harm , philiop schofiled had it done to him live on tele and loved it lol.

Yep, found the previous thread. DrSpafish or similar.

Cheers for thoughts, may give it a go. If I do I'll let you know how it went.

cheers all

This sounds great, I wreckon they could combine it with a fish restaurant so you eat some fish (maybe battered with chips) whilst submerging your feet in water and letting the treatment take plaice😉

I would!!

Cheers

Rossi😛

Hi there,

We have a new 'spa' (shop!) opened in Milton Keynes which offers the 'dead skin eating' fish therapy. You stick your feet in and they are happy to eat the dead skin, but do not touch the live. They have no teeth, so it is not a piranha risk....

My question is, does anyone this would be unsuitable for us as Diabetics, as I have to admit to being curious about how it would feel and the opening offers arent too expensive either.

Cheers for any thoughts

Malc

Hi my daughter thought I would like this for a gift the fish are called Garra rufa
so it is a garra rufa pedicure thankgoodness she asked before she purchased this it is a definate no for me yuk!😱

Lanzlady

We had one open in Norwich a few months ago, my friend asked on my behalf and they said from their point of view there were no restrictions for diabetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back