feet D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssassin1642

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sorry to complain at you all again...

but I'm sat here, and it seems as though my feet are well bad. Really nasty shooting pains again, that when they go away are just dull and achy.

Stpid neuropathy. Not had anything like this for ages and ages.

I hate this so much. Really really hate it :(

Ack! Sorry to hear it Sam - it's a horrid reminder of this stupid disease isn't it? I've been getting those stabbing pains more than usual over the past couple of weeks so I'm off to the docs to see what's going on.

Hope it settles down soon for you m'dear 🙂 Are you still on the gabapentin for it?

Ack! Sorry to hear it Sam - it's a horrid reminder of this stupid disease isn't it? I've been getting those stabbing pains more than usual over the past couple of weeks so I'm off to the docs to see what's going on.

Hope it settles down soon for you m'dear 🙂 Are you still on the gabapentin for it?

yarp, 3x daily. Nasty things. Proff says I can take up to 5 per day though/....not that I want to.

Its horrible :(

Sorry to complain at you all again...

but I'm sat here, and it seems as though my feet are well bad. Really nasty shooting pains again, that when they go away are just dull and achy.

Stpid neuropathy. Not had anything like this for ages and ages.

I hate this so much. Really really hate it :(

Mine have been nipping me tonight too. Do you think the cold might be affecting us?

i also have problems with my feet, ive had numbness, pins an neddles an shooting pains for the past 7yrs but doctors never seemed to listen to me until i was diganosed last week with my diabetes an b12 defenancy, an i explained to the nurse that my feet seem to be getting alot worse these past cpl of years, sometimes keeping me awake at nite with the tingling feeling, im also finding that its going up my legs a little bit not much just above my ankles. i also find it very sore when im out walking, they feel very numb an sometimes it makes me lose my balance if that makes sense. anyway im now being refered to the diabetic clinic were they do certain tests so hopefully find out more then.

The only issue I have with my feet - well big toe actually is a sharp trobbing pain - like something is being hammered into the toe

Weird

The only issue I have with my feet - well big toe actually is a sharp trobbing pain - like something is being hammered into the toe

Weird

yeah i get that aswel hazel, an sometimes my foot does a big jump like your about to kick someone, it realy is weird isnt it :confused:

Great description Tracey - pardon the pun - you have hit the nail on the head

Feet

Talking about feet, my friend is the diabetic, but I have supported him for many years. He has been getting numbness in his feet and pains etc. I really dont think he is getting the propper support and help from the docs. He went a few weeks ago with sore feet and the doc just gave him a huge tub of immulsifying ointment(useless stuff). His feet got worse and he went again last week and he then says my friend has an ulcer, didn't even give him anti-biotics and said he may have to wait up to 6 weeks to be seen by a podiatrist. So, I talked him into going to see one private and turns out he has 4 ulcers, one is huge, but because it is in between his toes, he coudnt see it himself. She prescribed anti biotics right away and has dressed them all, but he is in so much pain. Could anyone offer any advice please? 😡

Talking about feet, my friend is the diabetic, but I have supported him for many years. He has been getting numbness in his feet and pains etc. I really dont think he is getting the propper support and help from the docs. He went a few weeks ago with sore feet and the doc just gave him a huge tub of immulsifying ointment(useless stuff). His feet got worse and he went again last week and he then says my friend has an ulcer, didn't even give him anti-biotics and said he may have to wait up to 6 weeks to be seen by a podiatrist. So, I talked him into going to see one private and turns out he has 4 ulcers, one is huge, but because it is in between his toes, he coudnt see it himself. She prescribed anti biotics right away and has dressed them all, but he is in so much pain. Could anyone offer any advice please? 😡

That is pretty awful treatment from your friend's doctor - didn't he know anything about diabetes? Problems with feet are something to particularly look out for! I despair! Thank goodness he got some proper treatment in the end. The doctor should be hauled over the coals for his ineffectual response - I'd suggest finding another doctor.

It sounds like your friend may have had raised blood sugar levels for some time, if he is getting ulcers and pain. This could be peripheral neuropathy which can be treated with tablets to some extent - did the doctor recommend anything? I've heard that gabapentin is often prescribed. How long has your friend been diagnosed, and do you know how good his blodd sugar control has been?

Thank you

Thank you so much for your reply. My friend is 63 and was diagnosed in his 40's. The problem is that he is on steroids for rheumatoid arthritis which makes it very difficult to control his blood sugar. He is up and down alot and we all know this is bad news.:( Do you know whether anyone offers private medical care for diabetics? I am normally against this, but I am beginning to feel so let down for him by the NHS.

Hi guys🙂

can you get stabbing pains in your legs when you have Diabetes?

Sal x🙂

Hi sam,

A little late but wanted to say I hope the pain has died down a little today. Also was wondering if there is anything else your doctor can maybe do about your neuropathy? I don't really know much about it. I seem to remember that you haven't got a very good doctor though - not sure whether i'm right about that.

Emma x

hi all, they've been pretty nasty again today. Lots of pain earlier on at work. Have been feeling very off all day though, tiredness and stress etc. Levels been rather elevated again today however, and they seem to get worse when levels are high.

Strange how I can have nothing for so long, and then it randomly pops up again before going away again

hey i dont know if you are all aware but there is a cream that i have been prescribed by my consultant called capsaicin cream. you apply it to your feet and it stops the burning feeling stabbing numbness everything. i swear by this stuff. you have to apply it wearing gloves otherwise the cream affects your hhands by burning them. the cream is pepper based and it soothes the nerves i think either way it really works. talk to your doctors about getting th cream
good luck keep smiling xx

A question about symptoms

sorry to butt in on this thread, but I just wondered how you know you have neuropathy? and how it first presents symptom wise.... and also I know it affect feet etc but can it affect the muscles in your legs? I am too scared to google these things as I usually go on the page with all of the way too gory details 😱

hey i dont know if you are all aware but there is a cream that i have been prescribed by my consultant called capsaicin cream. you apply it to your feet and it stops the burning feeling stabbing numbness everything. i swear by this stuff. you have to apply it wearing gloves otherwise the cream affects your hhands by burning them. the cream is pepper based and it soothes the nerves i think either way it really works. talk to your doctors about getting th cream
good luck keep smiling xx

i tried it and hated it. Not only did it make my hands burn but it made my feet burn too and I could barely walk whilst using it. Nasty stuff that has been thrown to the back of the cupboard. And it certainly didn't sooth my nerves either.

i tried it and hated it. Not only did it make my hands burn but it made my feet burn too and I could barely walk whilst using it. Nasty stuff that has been thrown to the back of the cupboard. And it certainly didn't sooth my nerves either.

I guess it just goes to show how different we can be, even though we are suffering from similar problems. Might be a silly question, but does ibuprofen gel do any good? Anyone tried it?

I guess it just goes to show how different we can be, even though we are suffering from similar problems. Might be a silly question, but does ibuprofen gel do any good? Anyone tried it?

I find a mixture of ibuprofen and paracetemol works well for me. If my feet are in that ammount of pain I go straight to the hospital as I often have to wait two or three days to see my doctor. My docotor is never happy about this but I'm not taking my pain out on the rest of the family and need to clear it quickly!

When my feet hurt or start to hurt nine times out of ten it is time to get myself new shoes, but it doesn't work for everyone. I also have a frame on my bed to support the sheets and blanketts which helps immensly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back