Feeling Rough

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbs

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
By sugars have been all over the place for a couple of weeks and my DN is currently working with me to sort them out. Last night I had a really bad hypo while in the shower, BS was 3.0 so not that low for me at all but I felt so ill and almost passed out. My husband helped sort me out and I was fine again after but today I have felt rough all day so far, hot and shaky, BS high this morning but quite low again now. My DN has told me to increase/decrease my insulin by 1 each time rather than 2 as I am now hyper-sensitive to the insulin apparently.

Sorry for the moan, just fed up with highs and lows and not much in between!

Hi newbs, you're bound to be feeling fed up if your levels are swinging like that - it all affects your brain directly, and your emotions and moods as a consequence. I hope that the insulin adjustments help to settle things down soon, it can be so tricky when you are very sensitive. I find that one unit change in lantus has an effect of 2-3 mmol on my fasting blood sugars, so I have to be very careful at predicting whether the adjustment is necessary!

p.s. moans and rants are perfectly acceptable! 🙂

Hi Newbs, I hope you are feeling better. We all have good days and bad days. Hopefully soon the good days will outnumber the bad days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back