Feeling positive

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Ever since I dumped Libre 2 I feel so much better mood wise. I have been finger pricking. I feel it's better for me: firstly that the reading is what it is at time of testing, (2) I can choose when to test no readings sent every 15 minutes to the Libre app (I know I could scan when I wanted in theory as long as it was within 8 hours).

I think I can get to like finger pricking. I don't hate it and doubt I'll get to love it but it's how I'M choosing to manage my diabetes for the time being. I'm inputting my readings into the MySugr app ( basic free version). I also have a paper record in a notebook.

Regarding the Libre app how do I get the sensor symbol to disappear from my phone? Never had this on my old phone. I suppose the only way is to delete the app. Obviously I will lose data unless I take a screenshot first but I'm assuming you can't manually input on Libre app and what would be the point of wearing the sensor.

Great stuff @HalfpipMarathon. Spent all my life doing technology in one form or another and if there one thing I have learned is that you don't have to use the latest gizmos if you can get what you need by a simpler method. Far better in my view to use something you are comfortable with and works rather than trying to go with the latest trends unless the latest trend is the only thing that will provide you with what you want.

As I have said before, at the bottom of my record system is my old and trusty Mont Blanc fountain pen and a note book.

Great stuff @HalfpipMarathon. Spent all my life doing technology in one form or another and if there one thing I have learned is that you don't have to use the latest gizmos if you can get what you need by a simpler method. Far better in my view to use something you are comfortable with and works rather than trying to go with the latest trends unless the latest trend is the only thing that will provide you with what you want.

As I have said before, at the bottom of my record system is my old and trusty Mont Blanc fountain pen and a note book.
Thank you. Apart from one double digit reading which was a hyper my readings so far have ranged from 6.2 to 8.5 since 22nd March.

I'm due a telephone appointment with my Dr on 6th April to discuss my HbA1c. It's not gone up much just. 5 or .6. I think it might have been because I wasn't using a Libre 2 sensor:; could be wrong. I'm going to tell her I have gone back to finger pricking. I prefer this as I can choose when I test and its just the finger prick readings rather than constant like the Libre which I feel is like something sitting on my shoulder silently judging when my bg rises.

What I have found - and it might just be me and not universal - is that the most important reading is my waking reading. I measure this every day and have done so for three years or more and what I have found is that the average reading over the three months prior to an HbA1c test is closely related to the HbA1c result. Provided that average is below 7, then my data shows that my HbA1c will be below 50.

Last time I had an HbA1c test I predicted the result and got it just about bang on.

By the way, don't worry too much about the odd double digit reading. They are going to appear. Begin to think about it when you get consistent double digit readings.

What I have found - and it might just be me and not universal - is that the most important reading is my waking reading. I measure this every day and have done so for three years or more and what I have found is that the average reading over the three months prior to an HbA1c test is closely related to the HbA1c result. Provided that average is below 7, then my data shows that my HbA1c will be below 50.

Last time I had an HbA1c test I predicted the result and got it just about bang on.

By the way, don't worry too much about the odd double digit reading. They are going to appear. Begin to think about it when you get consistent double digit readings.
So do you just test on waking? Is the average over 3 months prior to HbA1c just of the waking readings?

I always test on waking and sometimes before I go to bed.

Always test on waking and bedtime and sometimes during the day if I want to do a check on post meal readings to keep an eye on how my diet is affecting things. I'm also interested in seeing what, if anything, the numbers tell me especially now that I have a decent data set to go at. That's a bit of a hangover from the days when I had a proper job where I did that sort of a thing for a living.

All sounds good, libre isn't for everyone don't think it claimed to be, before cgm like devices finger pricking was all we had & most got along just fine.

If you mean get rid of symbol & all then on samsung phone you just press on it & hold it for few seconds, then choice comes up to either select remove or uninstall so take your pick from that lot.

Really pleased @HalfpipMarathon that you are finding a way to monitor your diabetes that suits you, and that this choice has had a positive impact on how you feel.

All sounds good, libre isn't for everyone don't think it claimed to be, before cgm like devices finger pricking was all we had & most got along just fine.

If you mean get rid of symbol & all then on samsung phone you just press on it & hold it for few seconds, then choice comes up to either select remove or uninstall so take your pick from that lot.
I hold on the app it comes up with delete uninstall etc but as soon as I try and move the app logo onto the delete or uninstall it disappears. (have a Samsung Galaxy A40)

I used to test when I was first diagnosed can't remember for how long then I stopped Only started because a Dr said I might end up on injections which scared me but my HbA1cs over the years since diagnosis (approximately 20yrs) have ranged between the 5s and 7.8 so not dangerous levels but not ideal either. Current HbA1c is 7.8 has risen about .5 or .6.

I have had one high reading since finger pricking. Highest 9.2 lowest 6.2 so far. I have also found the longer the gap between eating and testing the better for me personally. I take my case with meter, lancets and strips with me sometimes but I have not yet used them. I can see the advantage of Libre; no lugging the aforementioned around but I prefer to stick with the reading at time of finger prick. No worrying about what the graph shows.

You don't move the app logo over to were it says uninstall, you just select the uninstall option by tapping on it

I hold on the app it comes up with delete uninstall etc but as soon as I try and move the app logo onto the delete or uninstall it disappears. (have a Samsung Galaxy A40)

Not sure what you mean, on my A32 just hold it & select uninstall then whole lot disappears, worked same on previous Samsung phones.

Glad to hear you are feeling positive about your move to fingersticks @HalfpipMarathon

It’s important to get the ‘diabetes toolkit’ to work for you - and everyone is different.

If you’d like the old Libre data, you may be able to log-in to the LibreView website to download your results as PDF graphs and tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back